Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you like to see?

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 1:50 PM
  • 16 Replies
  • 528 Total Views

What would you like to see/read/learn from this group.. Do you have game ideas ? Would you like pregnancy information? Questions of the day ? Tell me how we can make this a fun active group .

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Fields05
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 2:38 PM

I would like see others share healthy recipes or a good site for good healthy things to eat while preg.I gained 50 lbs by the time I had my 1st and ummm I don't wanna do that again! LOL,I know staying away from fast food is key but any other suggestions/tips would be useful.Also any good exercises to do while preg.

Angeeluh
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:42 PM

The recipe / eating tips is a great idea - I gained 40 with my first and definitely don't want to do that again.  (I'm already overweight and just had the first one 7 months ago)

CafeMom Tickers
Mychele
by Group Admin on Oct. 29, 2009 at 8:40 PM

I love recipes !!  Should I make a sticky for recipes ??  That way they stay and all can go under one thread.

StrollerStrider
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 8:47 PM

I owned a Stroller Strides franchise and instructed classes for three years... so I'm always willing to answer any pre- and postnatal exercise questions...

~Megan~

Mychele
by Group Admin on Oct. 29, 2009 at 8:57 PM

Quoting StrollerStrider:

I owned a Stroller Strides franchise and instructed classes for three years... so I'm always willing to answer any pre- and postnatal exercise questions...

Well arent you just my new best friend.. I bought a treadmill a day before I got my BFP.... Can I pick up some mild-moderate exercises?  I believe I am healthy and I do a lot of walking at work.. so I dont think its that much of a change ?  I'd like to keep my weight gain in check too.  BTW girls.. these is a whole new forum for the recipes... feel free to start posting.

Mrs.Fields05
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:10 PM

Quoting StrollerStrider:

I too would like to know about appropriate exercises!

StrollerStrider
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:11 PM

Walking is AWESOME!  Keep it up  :)  I have to give the obligatory "check with your dr. before you start any exercise program" warning.  But exercise during pregnancy will do so many wonderful things for you and the baby as long as you're not having any complications.  I could type all night about different exercises, but instead, I'll give you this link:

http://strollerstrides.com/exercises.php

In fact, I'd recommend checking out everything on the Stroller Strides website... it's a wealth of really great information and encouragement. 

I should add that the exercises in the link are focused on post-natal moms.  There are some definite modifications for certain exercises if you're doing them while you're still pregnant.  The most glaring one is that once you start showing (or after your first trimester) you should NOT lay flat on your back for more than about 30 seconds.  It will cut off oxygen flow to you and your baby and could be dangerous.  However, there are plenty of other ab exercises I can give once you reach that point.

At any time during your pregnancy, if you experience cramping, spotting, bleeding, light headedness, etc. during or after your workout... stop immediately and contact your dr.  Remember that your center of gravity and balance will be affected the further along you are, and your joints will all be looser... so side-to-side movements should be made smaller as you go along.

I guess that's the most important stuff right off the top of my head...

Quoting Mychele:

Quoting StrollerStrider:

Well arent you just my new best friend.. I bought a treadmill a day before I got my BFP.... Can I pick up some mild-moderate exercises?  I believe I am healthy and I do a lot of walking at work.. so I dont think its that much of a change ?  I'd like to keep my weight gain in check too.  BTW girls.. these is a whole new forum for the recipes... feel free to start posting.

~Megan~

Mychele
by Group Admin on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:21 PM

Quoting StrollerStrider:

Walking is AWESOME!  Keep it up  :)  I have to give the obligatory "check with your dr. before you start any exercise program" warning.  But exercise during pregnancy will do so many wonderful things for you and the baby as long as you're not having any complications.  I could type all night about different exercises, but instead, I'll give you this link:

http://strollerstrides.com/exercises.php

In fact, I'd recommend checking out everything on the Stroller Strides website... it's a wealth of really great information and encouragement. 

I should add that the exercises in the link are focused on post-natal moms.  There are some definite modifications for certain exercises if you're doing them while you're still pregnant.  The most glaring one is that once you start showing (or after your first trimester) you should NOT lay flat on your back for more than about 30 seconds.  It will cut off oxygen flow to you and your baby and could be dangerous.  However, there are plenty of other ab exercises I can give once you reach that point.

At any time during your pregnancy, if you experience cramping, spotting, bleeding, light headedness, etc. during or after your workout... stop immediately and contact your dr.  Remember that your center of gravity and balance will be affected the further along you are, and your joints will all be looser... so side-to-side movements should be made smaller as you go along.

I guess that's the most important stuff right off the top of my head...

Awesome add for the group... Thanks !!

Princess.Sara
by Member on Oct. 30, 2009 at 12:22 AM

There is a fun game on a board I was one with my first pregnancy and it's called DYK (Did/Do You Know). You type whatever you want and it's a way to get to know the other members in your group.

Like:

DYK - My husband brought me home roses and an adorable 8 week old kitten today.

I think it would be fun to do this in our group. You usually start a new one every month. Just an idea!

Also, I LOVE the recipe idea!!

Photobucket

Pregnancy ticker
may08mom
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 12:32 AM

I think it would be nice to provide some good useful tips/info for first time mommies.  I remember how clueless I felt with my first pregnancy, and it's hard asking questions because sometimes you don't even know where to begin!  Anything from how to take care of yourself duing pregnancy, to buying baby equipment, to what to expect during L&D, to breastfeeding, to whatever!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)