Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone have kids really close together??

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:45 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 325 Total Views

My husband and I just had our first 7 months ago and just found out Monday that we're expecting the 2nd.  This wasn't exactly our plan - we know that we are blessed though and will stay positive about it - but man, I was really hoping for at least a couple years with our first little man. 

Have any of you had your kids this close (Maxx and his sibling will be 15 months apart)?

Any advice / words of wisdom?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bn51306
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:28 PM

Just a quick reply...I'll try to add more later. But, my kids are 12 months and 13 months between them. and if I'm preggo...DS#3 and the next baby will be 15 months. 

preview image preview image
preview image preview image

babytigergrr
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:35 PM

Conrad is 15 months old right now so he'll be just about 2 when this little one arrives.  His birthday is July 28th.  I'm having de ja vu... because this little one is due the same month lol.

We were hoping to have about 3-4 years apart, but I'm still happy and excited.  I have no advice... I need it too lol.

~*Mandi*~
bn51306
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 8:12 PM

Here's the addition to my post before. I have enjoyed having my boys close in age. Granted, it's not all that great having three in diapers, but it's fun just the same!! It's nice because they will  always have a bud :) Wisdom? Make sure you still spend one on one time with your toddler. He may start acting out because he's not getting as much attention as he used to and someone else is getting HIS attention!

BFing5months.gif Made by Liv image by FB2006
CafeMom Tickers
FrosJennBug
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 8:35 PM

I had my daughter in April 2006.  In July 2008 our second daughter was stillborn.  In June 2009 we had our son.  Now we're pregnant again and due July 2010, so I guess I can say I'm in your same boat!

~Jenn

busymomwithboys
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:27 PM

My boys are 4years and 5 months and if baby #3 is born close to due date there will be 4 years and 5 months betweem #2 and #3.  I wish I had my children closer in age.  they are not the best of friends like many ppls kids I know who are close in age. Hubby and I might try for #4 shortly after this baby is born but thats in the future....hubby wants to have another baby but doesnt want me to wait 3 years before I decide to have another, lol and I want to be done by 30.

may08mom
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 12:02 AM

If I get my BFP this month, I will be due July 20, about 2.5 months after my dd turns 2.  So they will be about 26.5 months apart.

Angeeluh
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 1:59 PM

Thanks everyone - this makes me feel a little better that others are in the same boat!

Pregnancy ticker

AFWifeNMom
by on Nov. 1, 2009 at 10:27 AM

If i get my BFP this month mine will be 3.75 years apart. I wanted them closer in age but no such luck. Me and my brother are 15 months apart and my mom was only 16when bro was born and then 17 when i was born. I love having a brother that close in age! We are still very close. My younger brother and i are 4.5 years apart and we are not as close at all. I mean we love each other and everything but he kind of grew up alone and he is still very shy.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers 
Samarasmommy127
by New Member on Nov. 21, 2009 at 2:58 PM

my daughter was about 10 months and a week old when I got pregnant this time she will be almost 19 months old when this little one is born she was born December 7th 2008, and I am due for this one July 4th 2010. We wanted them to be close in age so we had actually started TTC when she was 5 months old we figured it might take awhile because it took us over a year to conceive her, but to our delight it only took 5 months this time! I know it will be a challenge to have 2 in diapers but we wouldn't have planned it any other way!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

justanotherjen
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 12:38 PM

I did it twice and it's not as bad as most people imagine it will be.

My oldest was 7 months when we found out we were pregnant again.  She was 15 months old when she became a big sister.  It wasn't that bad even with my son having colic and reflux (that was rough).  Luckily my oldest is a very independent child and was from the beginning.  She didn't want or need to be held or the time and was happy to just go play by herself in her room.

Then when my son was 5 months old we found out we were pregnant again.  Our 2nd daughter was born when he was 13 months old and our oldest was 28 months.  I had 3 kids under 3, all in diapers, etc.  Oh, and they were all born via c-section.  I survived.  It was rough and I made mistakes...the biggest one was trying to do EVERYTHING for everyone, ignoring my own needs and trying to do as much as I would with just 1 child.  My doctor yelled at me because I wasn't eating (I wouldn't eat until 1 or 2pm even when I was getting up at 6am because I was so busy with the kids and then it might be the only thing I ate all day).  I was anemic, malnourished and depressed and eventually had a nervous breakdown when the kids were 4 months, 17 months and 2 1/2.  It wasn't pretty and we had to send our older kids to stay with family for 3 weeks while I recovered.

I did learn some lessons...like I can't do everything, doesn't matter if the house is a mess, dishes can wait as long as there are clean spoons, laundry doesn't need to be done until there is nothing left to wear and then only wash enough to get by for a week, lol.

It probably wouldn't have been so overwhelming if we hadn't had the 3rd right away and my husband's schedule hadn't changed at the same time (he had been working late nights and got switched to early mornings and it was a major adjustment).

Anyway, my kids are 9, 8 and 7 now and are a handful.  Sometimes I wish for the "easy" days of them being toddlers, lol.  their constant bickering and fighting is annoying.  I also have a 3 1/2yo and now pregnant with a 5th.

My best advice is start teaching some independence now and take it just one day at a time.  Oh, and it's okay for them to cry (the baby or the toddler...it just happens and they will get over it).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)