Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm a little worried... TMI

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:33 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 252 Total Views

Last night before bed, I peed as usual... well I wiped and saw some darker than usual discharge.  It wasn't red but it was tinted brown.  This morning I had just a tiny bit.  I haven't been cramping or anything, but honestly I haven't "felt" pregnant the past couple of days... my ultrasound isn't until Nov. 17th.  I hate waiting. I'm trying not to freak out, but I've had a miscarriage before.  My period was due 10/25 and I haven't had any indication that it's just late or something.  I got the BFP pretty early on and felt super pregnant but now it feels like the symptoms are diminishing. 

When I was pregnant with Conrad I was constantly nauseous.  This time around my boobs were sore for a while but now that's gone away.  I get waves of nausea but I can handle it.  I haven't had any food cravings or aversions.  I don't know... I'm just scared. :(

~*Mandi*~
 Pregnancy Ticker
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mrs_pulley
by Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:58 PM

You know, aside from the spotting, I've felt the exact same way. It was like the day I got my BFP with my first, I was 100% pregnant from there on out. Now, I've noticed some changes, feel a little emotional, but if it weren't for the fact that I know I'm pregnant...I'd have no clue! So I wouldn't necessarily link the spotting to not "feeling" pregnant, which is a good thing :) And spotting is actually very common. Since you've had a miscarriage, of course its of greater concern and I don't think anyone would blame you for calling your OB to tell them the situation (be sure to mention you've miscarried before), but dark means old blood so its not as likely to indicate a problem. Some women bleed heavily and frequently enough to mistake bleeding for a period, so if they can have babies with that going on, a light spotting is perfectly normal.

lovewins
by Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:01 PM

I am definitely thinking of you right now.  I know it probably isn't very easy for you, but take it easy.  I can't imagine the fear that you feel given your history. crying mini  Is there any way you can call your Dr and see if they have any suggestions? 

Take it easy Mandi, get some rest, and keep us updated.  I'll be praying for you!

Gen + DH = mad love for 8 years!
October 22, 2009 - 1st BFP ever at 10dpo!!!  We are elated!!! 
Pregnancy ticker

937mommyof2
by New Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:09 PM

Call and talk to your doctor!!! 

I actually called mine this am b/c I have been having light cramping on and off and horrible back pain. Apparently my cramping and back pain are due to this being baby #3 so my uterus is streched out and feeling the effects of pregnancy a little more so than someone who is having their 1st or 2nd. At least that's what they said.

They also told me that if there is severe cramping, and bleeding then call b/c that may be a miscarriage. I haven't had either so I was worrying for nothing. My point is call your doctor get some answers, hopefully you are like me and needlessly worrying and once you talk to the doctor you will feel much better.

Keep us posted!!!

Mychele
by Group Admin on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:35 PM

Saturday night I had some light pink bleeding...its was enough to cover my TP 2 x....I havent seen it since.  At first it freaked me out but I remember I had some bleeding/spotting with my youngest so I'm hoping this will just pass too. I have another ultrasound Friday.   (( hugs mommas )) hope everything is ok. 

babytigergrr
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 1:12 AM

Thanks ladies :)

I should have mentioned this before.  I normally get this kind of discharge a day or so before my period which is why I'm so worried.  I had it off and on today.  It's not a whole lot.  Just a normal amount, but the wrong color.  I've got my appointment next Tuesday and hopefully the ultrasound will show us exactly what's happening.  I'm trying not to be too excited/scared/nervous/worried, but it's so dang hard.

We really want this baby. I'm having a hell of a time remembering what my first trimester was like with Conrad.  I just remember being so nauseated and I don't have that at all right now.  I know every single pregnancy is different, but I can't help but compare.  I just honestly have no feeling that I'm pregnant.  Took another digital test and it still says "Pregnant" but I know that the hCG levels in my body would still be high... so it could be false.

Ugh.  Just ugh.  That's exactly how I feel.

~*Mandi*~
 Pregnancy Ticker
vj5555
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 10:58 AM

I had bleeding alot in the beginning with my first pregnancy and they thought I had miscarried several times...but I hadn't she was perfectly healthy (I did go on bed rest in the beginning because it got so heavy).  But they had me into the doctor's office to do a blood test a bunch of times in those first few weeks just because of what I was experiencing.  Do you think you could call your doctor's office and just go in for a blood test, explain your concerns because of your past experiences?  if the hcg level on a blood test  is increasing then it's a good sign and that will alleviate your worries.  When I went in I didn't even see the doctor, the nurse sent me directly to the lab and that was that... I got a call a few hours later.  I know this is tough... hang in there.

babytigergrr
by on Nov. 11, 2009 at 11:51 AM

This is so aggrevating.  It's not happening every time I wipe... so I keep going through ups and downs of excitement and worry.  ugh.  I can't wait til Tuesday.

~*Mandi*~
 Pregnancy Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)