Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Monday, November 9th

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:57 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 207 Total Views

I'm not sure how everyone feels about this, but I figure it'll be a helluvalot easier to keep up with people if we do daily threads.  That way, we can see what people are up to and respond to each other in a personal way, and then talk about ourselves.  Thoughts?  I'll start a reply and see how you all feel about it. 

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Andrella
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:04 PM

Strollerstrider - I am thinking good thoughts for you... I'm sure it's too early to see a heartbeat.  What did your doc say??  

AFM (As for me) - I don't know you all yet to add more personals, so I'll just blab on about my day.  I am working 20 hours a week at a job outside of the home.  I have my Masters in Social Work and am a Licensed Social Worker.  I make squat.  This is so upsetting, but I'm willing to not get too involved in my career until we're done having kids (I took a year off with our daughter Lillian, and will do so with this baby - YAY).  Now that I am prego... I just don't have any enthusiasm to be at work.  I like my job, I work for my undergraduate college...but the job just isn't what I had hoped it would be.  Anyway, if you all care I'll get into it more as the weeks/months go by.

In other news, I've got morning sickness and I didn't have it last time... and, it sucks.  I haven't thrown up (yet, crossing fingers) but I feel nauseated from the time I wake up (5:30 - 6am ish) until about 10 am and then again in the evening.  Sucky!!  I'm going to be SO MAD if I can't eat my face off at Thanksgiving.  I'm SURE my body will desire stuffing.  Right, I mean, how can a pregnant body NOT desire stuffing???  I'll be damned if this one doesn't. LOL.  

Talus
by Member on Nov. 10, 2009 at 2:04 PM

Andrella, I think this is a great idea!  Sorry I didn’t have time to respond yesterday.  I’d really like to get to know you all better as we go through this wonderful journey. 

My thoughts are also with Strollerstrider and I’m looking forward to hearing happy news from her.  Fingers and toes crossed there will be some.

This is my first pregnancy, I’m just 4weeks and 3or4 days along, and I am 36.  We are very excited about our growing baby.  I work fulltime for now at a small software company.  We haven’t decided if/how much I’ll work after the baby comes. 

As far as the pregnancy, so far I’m feeling pretty good.  I had cramps from about 5 dpo through early last week… glad that’s over.  I have had a little nausea here and there, typically in the evening (in the car on the way home from work mostly.)  Other than that, tired, big ol’ sore boobies, thirsty, heightened smell (which is weird), and a little dizzy occasionally.  I started with a teeny bit of a cold yesterday and it’s a little worse today mostly sore throat and running nose, No Fever thankfully.  I haven’t taken anything and I REALLY don’t want to either.  I’m trying not to freak out but it’s difficult.  I fell so vulnerable. 

No one we know knows so far.  Not telling is harder than I expected.  We are very excited to tell the family at Thanksgiving.  That’s all I can think of right now.  Look forward to hearing from all of you and getting to know you better!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)