Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You know You're a POAS Addict when.....

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:33 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 304 Total Views

You test at 5 weeks 4days just to see how dark the lines have gotten.  Over the past two weeks my dr has sent me for blood work 3 times. (10dpo-11, 15dpo - 230, 18dpo - 876).  they told me the numbers were looking great and that they would see me Wednesday(yesterday).  So I know that I'm going in the right direction, but after my m/c in July I do nothing but worry.  I knew that the lines would be there, but it really comforted me to actually see it.  I know, I'm a little goofy.

I have a feeling that this time is going to be different.  Over the summer I really never had any morning sickness, just really tired.  We learned that the baby had passed away at 8wks (after seeing the hb at 7weeks).  Yesterday I really started to feel yucky.  I was in the middle of teaching and almost began to dry heave infront of the students.  The look on the first graders faces were priceless.  I have been SUPER emotional.  I cried at the Veterans Day video collage the school made, I cried on the phone when the nurse called to reschedule my appt for yesterday, I even cried when I saw what a mess the kitchen was when I got home.  I feel as though I'm losing control of my emotions!  I also got car sick on the way home yesterday.  I really thought that i was going to have to pull over on the interstate, it got so bad.  As bad as i have been feeling the past 2 days, especially this morning, I am sooooo happy.  I'm happy to be feeling this way....it means that things are going well, right????  So, I'm going in to the dr this afternoon and I hope that they can get me in for an u/s so I know that everything is on the right track.  I'm sorry for all of my rambling =)

Anywhoo.....here is the picture the picture from yesterday morning (5w4d)

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mmoleader
by Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:05 AM

Awwwww I am so happy for you! I cannot imagine how nervous you must be! But it sounds good this time around!

mrs_pulley
by Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:46 PM

when I saw the title, I instantly thought "you keep testing even after you get a bfp!" I've been dying to take another one! First of all, its a little surreal to me since we only tried once at random- like one DAY not one month- and I still got pregnant. but beyond that I haven't gotten sick and I'm 6 weeks! I still feel other symptoms so I'm not really worried, thankfully, but its hard not to buy another test just to make sure I'm not dreaming. And if I had been in your situation, I'd be testing every day still! glad to hear it sounds like this one is sticking :)

ramzmomma
by Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:37 PM

I thought of testing today again, But i'm a tard too.. LOL!

But I had my ultrasound today.. So I was happy with that! lol

Quoting mrs_pulley:

when I saw the title, I instantly thought "you keep testing even after you get a bfp!" I've been dying to take another one! First of all, its a little surreal to me since we only tried once at random- like one DAY not one month- and I still got pregnant. but beyond that I haven't gotten sick and I'm 6 weeks! I still feel other symptoms so I'm not really worried, thankfully, but its hard not to buy another test just to make sure I'm not dreaming. And if I had been in your situation, I'd be testing every day still! glad to hear it sounds like this one is sticking :)

CafeMom Tickers

two yr old bday ticker

Delicate Butterflies Child Birthday Ticker 

hopefulmom1228
by Member on Nov. 21, 2009 at 4:15 PM

I know exactly how you feel. I was told three years ago it was hopeless. I had stopped trying to get pregnant, and had even come to terms with adopting one day, then i took a test one day cause i was late, not thinking at all there was a possibility it would be positive, and it was! Ive taken probably six test in the past two weeks, reading that test seems so surreal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)