Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

There was blood...

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:38 PM
  • 30 Replies
  • 722 Total Views

I can't believe this, ladies.  I might be miscarrying.  I wiped about 10 minutes ago and there was red blood instead of brown this time.  I called my OB.  I'm getting my blood drawn in the morning to check my levels and possibly an ultrasound depending on how bad the blood flow is to make sure it's not ectopic or something else crazy...

I can't stop crying. I'm super nervous. 

**UPDATE** So I had my appointment and I'm due july 6th and the ultrasound looked awesome.  Well, today I'm having some more brown spotting.  If I knew it would just happen the rest of my pregnancy, I wouldn't worry... but right now it's still so scary. I'll keep everyone posted.

~*Mandi*~
 Pregnancy Ticker
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrs_pulley
by Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:48 PM

oh I am so sorry to hear that. try not to get too stressed out yet- my mom bled for five months with me and I'm still here. was it a lot and are you still bleeding? for some reason I have in my head that its of concern if you can soak a pad in an hour. hopefully everything is ok!

babytigergrr
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:26 PM

Yep you're right about the soaking the pad in an hour thing.  If that happened, it'd be a huge concern.  I haven't had that happen.  I just bled a tiny bit, but it was red. I'm wearing a pad and have been since it happened and there hasn't been another drop since then... if I wipe, it's just kinda pinkish but barely visible.  I have no idea what's going on.  My body is driving me crazy!

~*Mandi*~
 Pregnancy Ticker
mrs_pulley
by Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:21 PM

that is really good to hear! if you google spotting during pregnancy, its so common. of course you can't be 100% sure with that sort of thing, but at least you have the comfort of knowing its such a small amount that it greatly decreases the odds that something bad is going on. good luck tomorrow- you'll have to update!

babytigergrr
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:23 PM

I just know it didn't happen when I was pregnant with Conrad... still no new blood.  This is just random to me and still has me freaked out.

~*Mandi*~
 Pregnancy Ticker
ramzmomma
by Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:15 PM

With my daughter, Kaylee.. I bled from 6 weeks til 14-15 weeks, it was weird.. and I can't remember the exact way they explained it to me.. it was the "yoke" or whatever.. turning into plasenta.. or something.. Anyway. I bled bright red blood, and pink, and sometimes brown.. and my daughter is a happy healthy (almost) 13 month old.

Think good thoughts.. if it was just a little.. there's prolly nothing to worry about.

Update us mama when you know..

Praying for good results.

CafeMom Tickers

two yr old bday ticker

Delicate Butterflies Child Birthday Ticker 

babytigergrr
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 9:13 AM

Well nothing else has happened which I guess is a plus.  As soon as we're done with breakfast, I'm heading to my OB's office to get my blood drawn.  This will be my first measurement of my hCG levels.  In a few days I'll go back for a comparison blood draw.  My original appointment was schedule for Tuesday and I think they are keeping that appointment and I may get an ultrasound that day.

I'm so worried... I hate not knowing.  Wish me luck!

Today is jam packed.  Right after the blood draw, I'm heading to campus to take a midterm and then I have to work 2pm-11pm.  I've got a long day ahead of me.  I may not be able to post a response til tomorrow, but I'll keep everyone updated.

~*Mandi*~
 Pregnancy Ticker
Mrs.Fields05
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 10:50 AM

Please keep us posted.When I was preg with my first I had a blood cot and damn near fainted.But I went to the hospital and saw that he was fine.I'll be thinkin' about ya today!

group hug

baby

Stefanie83
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 5:15 PM

i hope everything is ok!  :)

babytigergrr
by on Nov. 14, 2009 at 12:23 AM

Thank ladies!!

So I had the blood draw and they got my results in just a few hours.  My levels are in the 15,000s!! So they are hopeful.  I have my ultrasound on Tuesday at 9:30AM.  I can't wait to just see that everything is okay. I'm still trying not to get too excited, but I am remaining hopeful.

Basically the nurse told me it's probably just my cervix closing up.

~*Mandi*~
 Pregnancy Ticker
HW614
by on Nov. 14, 2009 at 12:49 PM

That's great news! Glad to hear it :)

Quoting babytigergrr:

Thank ladies!!

So I had the blood draw and they got my results in just a few hours.  My levels are in the 15,000s!! So they are hopeful.  I have my ultrasound on Tuesday at 9:30AM.  I can't wait to just see that everything is okay. I'm still trying not to get too excited, but I am remaining hopeful.

Basically the nurse told me it's probably just my cervix closing up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)