Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3d/4d ultrasounds

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:34 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 265 Total Views

I really want to have one but I can't find them in my area.  Are you planning to have one.  What are the packages and prices ?

Gender Prediction
Get your own gender prediction!
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mmoleader
by Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:37 PM

I think my docs office does them around the end of pregnancy.

ramzmomma
by Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:52 PM

My doctor does them anytime after 30 weeks, and they are free.

My doctor gives them to his paitents as "a baby gift" from him..

which is mostly why I use him.. And the fact that he's the best in Southern IL! :)

two yr old bday ticker  

Aidansmommy0615
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 5:31 AM

When I was preggers with my son I had it done at a place called Look Who's Kicking.  I was around 28 weeks at my birthday, so my hubby brought me as a bday gift.  The package was about 150, if I remember correctly.  My dr only did the u/s at 20 weeks to determine size and gender.  This time is going to be a little different since I'm considered high risk, but I don't know if he does 3d/4d.  It's also a bummer since the u/s place has since closed down.  Now we are going to need to find another place in central fl.  If your dr doens't do them, I would really try to find a place that does.  It was the most amazing experience and we were able to share it with both sets of grandparents and uncles!

mrs_pulley
by Member on Nov. 18, 2009 at 3:49 PM

Quoting ramzmomma:

My doctor does them anytime after 30 weeks, and they are free.

My doctor gives them to his paitents as "a baby gift" from him..

which is mostly why I use him.. And the fact that he's the best in Southern IL! :)

hey there IL gal! I'm from peoria :) my dr has a really fuzzy machine...but maybe baby was just that small right now. I'm jealous you get the 3d/4d! although they kinda weird me out, it would be neat to see.

and to OP, they got rid of all of the commercial ones in my area. there's something about potential unsafe practices in using the machine-you'd have to google it, but if you do find one somewhere, just make sure they're using the proper levels on the machine. they started at $100 in my area before being shut down.

soontobe5
by Member on Nov. 21, 2009 at 4:02 PM

Oh where in florida? We live in pasco county.

helen1978
by Member on Nov. 25, 2009 at 8:13 AM

We had one done w/my last pregnancy I'm not sure if they had them when I was preggo w/my daughter.  I believe ours was around 75-100 dollars.  All we got were the dvd and the pics I believe they had extra things you could do.  It was awesome.  We got to have people there w/us unlike the one at the doc office.  My mom, his dad, and my daughter were all there for it and it was so cool.  My mom and his dad are older before u/s were really the norm and it was a really neat experience for them.  It was interesting because all the little things he did during the u/s he did after he was born.  It is so unreal how you can see almost exactly what your baby looks like.  I def. want to get it done again this time if it is feasible. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)