• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

stressing out

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:47 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 262 Total Views

I have an ob appointment today at 1:30 and the clock isn't moving fast enough. Since I stopped nursing Emma, I've had dry, peeling skin on just my right nipple. Its never stopped once in 8 months. I just blow it off because its only dry skin, despite the fact that I've tried everything you could think of to get rid of it. Well now that I'm pregnant, I don't really like the idea of nursing the new baby on my messed up nipple without knowing what's up so I brought it up to my OB. He had no clue and told me to call a lactation consultant. I put it off until today and all she could tell me is that this is "not a call we get" with regard to how strange my case is. She hadn't heard of anyone complaining of it and didn't even know where to direct me. I even tried looking it up on webmd and would you believe that its not even a listed option? I'm starting to freak out- the only thing I could find that's remotely in the ballpark of this was cancer related (though thankfully that specific issue tends to only effect people over 50 so I really doubt its that bad). Still, I'm feeling really freaked out. It doesn't help that I also have to bring up to my ob that since I saw him for a yeast infection, I've had intense cramping that forces me to go to the bathroom for four out of the past six days. And I also found out yesterday there's a chance I have a heart murmur brought on by the pregnancy. I'm the kind of person who doesn't care if its good or bad news, as long as I get some answers, so having all this stuff up in the air is just really getting to me.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
ccouch24
by Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:48 PM

I am not sure about the nipple as I didn't have any problems after I stopped thank goodness. I know that you seem over tired but it's all hormones and I was told by my OB in 1998 that most pregnant women do have a slight murmur when pregnant due to increased blood flow through the heart it's nothing to worry about. I am just a week behind you and for the past 3 days I can't sleep enough I am tired at 9:00 and I nap twice a day now even though I was able to stay awake all day until 11:00 or so with no problems before. I think that everything is fine although never think you are to young for breast cancer most are above 55 but maybe call an onocologist and ask the nurse??  I hope you start to feel better and the stress of all these things probobly makes you want to sleep more. Hope OB gives some much needed answers.

Stefanie83
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:01 PM

i think that once you start producing colostrum and milk, those might help with your nipple problem.  just wiping it around on the nipple.  have you tried asking in the breastfeeding group?  i hope your appt went well today  =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)