• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stretch Marks

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:25 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 417 Total Views

I think its time to talk about stretch marks.  Some of us who already have kids are already showing.  It's time to keep your bellies moisturized.  So please share with everyone what you are doing or plan to do to fight stetch marks.

I am using a hemp lotion I bought at walmart... I love the lotion.  I hate the smell of cocoa butter so I wont be using it.

Gender Prediction
Get your own gender prediction!
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ramzmomma
by Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:27 PM

Girl trust me.. I won't be running to walmart for lotion anytime.

LOL

My belly is a road map.. Adding a couple more streets won't make a difference.. LOL

My first two pregnacy's.. I used lotion.. I still got stretch marks. So I gave up on this one. LOL

:)

Good luck

How`s my pregnancy doing? 

two yr old bday ticker  

Lilypie - (W5DI)
helen1978
by Member on Dec. 15, 2009 at 6:47 AM

I've seen numerous things that say there's no proof that any kind of lotion prevents stretch marks.  The most claim that I've heard is some individuals are more prone to stretch marks then others.  I do believe in lotioning up my stomach because it gets so dry and itchy.  I lathered my stomach like nuts w/my daughter, then w/my son I was so busy that half the time I forgot.  I didn't get stretch marks either time.  My breast are entirely different matter. Good Lord I have stretch marks all over the sides of my breast.  My breast aren't exactly small to begin w/and get even bigger when I'm pregnant and breastfeeding so I have some pretty nasty stretch marks there. lol

Stefanie83
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 9:17 AM

i didn't do anything to prevent it last time and not planning to this time either.

last time, i only got small ones on the underside of my belly UNTIL the day my son was born, i looked in the mirror and there was a giant one right above my belly button.  i mean it is so big that it's like this giant lumpy line that is about half an inch wide and 2 inches long.  it really makes my stomach look kind of deformed now. 

this reminds me of seeing kate gosselin pregnant with her sextuplets and she had to wrap her belly in plastic wrap with lotion or some kind of goo because her skin would get so itchy and thin.  ick!  her belly did look so cool though.  not that i would want to be pregnant with that many!

ccouch24
by Member on Dec. 15, 2009 at 9:19 AM

I am not really worried about the stretch marks yet but my skin is so dry and itchy I use the Palmers co co butter oil spray it's great so far and it's really easy to just spray it on and rub it a bit and go it isn't really time consuming. I hate rubbing greasy lotion on and then trying to put on my clothes and it being sticky. I am usually in a time crunch in the a.m due to the fact that I can't wake up the first time the alarm goes off I must use snooze these days. lol

mrs_pulley
by Member on Dec. 15, 2009 at 10:04 AM

Just because I know I will get stretch marks doesn't mean I don't want to reduce or minimize them! I have very dry skin so I know the lack of moisturizer the first time didn't help with my zebra belly. And since I didn't get the marks until week 33, I'm optimistic that I can get fewer marks if I keep my skin moisturized. I'm using bio-oil. It has severl ingredients that are actually medically known to reduce scars and help encourage elasticity in skin. I have eczema on my arms, and use the oil there- it got rid of all but one tiny patch! So if it can clear that mess up, I trust that it will do maximum good on my belly, even if I still get marks.

Mommy2seven
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 10:22 AM

Well this is baby #9 and even though I will use lotion for itching and dryness I'm sure it will make no difference for me, I to have a road map on my belly and when the kids happen to see it I'm like here is your road lol... its no biggy for me though :) 

~♥~week 8 only 32 weeks to go~♥~                  ~♥~predicting a boy~♥~

mmoleader
by Member on Dec. 15, 2009 at 1:23 PM

Yes all the lotion in the world won't prevent strech marks :(  You get them because the inside of your skin tears. But I am so going to lather up because I get itchy and I like the smell of lotion. I like the VS body butter, I put it on everynight and it feels and smells so good. I like loves spell.mmmmmmm

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas just like the ones I used to know....

If you are due in July 2010 join me in my group. Follow the link.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/108462

JeresMom
by Group Admin on Dec. 15, 2009 at 8:00 PM

I lathered fist time and had no stretch marks.  This time I am using organic coconut oil (unscented) and its keeping my belly moist.  I remembr that toward the end my skin was so stretched it itched like crazy.  I believe the lotion helps with the elasticity!

NewMommie2008
by on Dec. 23, 2009 at 8:44 AM

When my stomach gets ichy or anything I use coco butter my friend ruth told me to start useing it that it will help ease the ich and strech marks sofar its working

Leslillli
by Member on Dec. 23, 2009 at 9:11 AM

i use lotion on my belly (i make my own) and i also make sure to stay hydrated and i try to pay attention to how fast i am gaining weight. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)