Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feeling tiny shock waves down below anyone else or just me???

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:44 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 238 Total Views

Hello I am 13weeks 2marrow and started feeling tiny little shock waves down in my private area this is my first baby have no idea if this is normal of course every little thing i feel freaks me out cause im not sure what im suppose to feel or not its not painful but just weird. Wondering if im the only one??

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
momma_2_two_413
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:49 PM

i had those with my 2 previous pregnancies and the dr. told me it was normal.  it's just stuff stretching and growing down there.  but, if it does get to be painful, don't second guess yourself and call your OB to give you some peace of mind!

Daisypath

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers
ibarrasgirl
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:44 PM

OMG!!  I'm soooooooo glad you asked this q!  I'm almost 14 weeks with my first and I've been having the SAME thing and it's kind of freaking me out too!!!  I heard it was ligaments and whatever else stretching to allow room for the baby, but I'm honestly just so relieved I'm not alone!!!  They forgot about this little "shocking" detail in the preggo books now didn't they?!  LOL!

conejoazul
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:56 PM

I'm at 14 weeks with first baby and I am having them also. I read in another group that the term is "Round Ligament Pain". 

"Shock waves" is a great way to describe them and I some of mine have been more towards the painful side than just the "weird" feeling side.  All I want to know is when do we get to the "FLUTTERS" .... that's what I'm looking forward to!!!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
ibarrasgirl
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:49 PM

I've had a few flutters and a few....what I think are...movements but I'm such a skeptic...I didn't even fully believe I was preggo til I saw the little guy/lady move around on my ultrasound, now THAT was eyeopening, lol!!  But yea, I'm ready for some hands-down, 100%, those were the baby feelings!

Mikeyswifey4eva
by Member on Jan. 21, 2010 at 1:55 AM

Wow so happy not to be alone.....i get so paranoid lol its my 1st baby im amazed.....i thought i felt little fluttering yesterday not sure.....=)...ill be 14weeks in 2 days.

GruntWife07
by New Member on Jan. 21, 2010 at 1:59 AM

yea i have them too and shock waves is such a great term!!! but the "fluttery" feeling i have had that since i was like 9 almost 10 weeks!! i'm glad to know its not just me gettin the funny feelings and this is also my first!!

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)