Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Still in shock, I guess...

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:25 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 236 Total Views

So, this is my second baby (my first will be 4 yrs old in May), and for some reason I can't get over the fact that I'm actually pregnant and I keep getting this sick feeling that it's not going to last. 

Sorry to be a bummer, but is this jsut me?  I never felt like this with my first, but I got pregnant this time around while using an IUD for bc, so I guess I feel like I'm not supposed to stay pregnant since I wasn't supposed to get pregnant to begin with.

have a nice day

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ibarrasgirl
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:07 PM

I know how you feel.  We never really planned to have a baby but we weren't being careful either.  I didn't even believe I was pregnant until I saw the baby move during the ultrasound.  The other day I had this little scare, where...sorry if it's TMI but...we had sex and I started bleeding.  I called my doctor right away and I ended up not having to go to the hospital or anything, but now I feel like...maybe I should have gone anyways...and that I'm not pregnant anymore or something ya know?  How far along are you?

GraceZsMom
by Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:32 PM

I'm still in shock too. I was on a birth control before I found out I was pregnant to help with the cysts on my ovaries and I am still having a hard time even thinking I am pregnant. With my first baby I knew when I got pregnant the exact moment it happened. We were actually trying with with our first baby but with this one I have no idea when it happened or how : )

I've been so nervous with this baby that I actually bought a higher priced doppler than the ones at walmart or babys r us so that I can hear the babys heart beat and be reassured that everything is ok with him or her. Sometimes i feel like the baby moving is all in my head and not something I've actually felt.

ibarrasgirl
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:35 PM

Oh my gosh, lol, I totally agree about the baby movement.  I wish I had an ultrasound machine, I'd use it all the time, I heard it would be bad for the baby, but I'd at LEAST like to check every now and then to be sure!  Wanna go half on one?  LOL, jk!

Ya know, they say that if a woman miscarries it's because most likely there was something wrong with the baby.  I'm sure you'll be just fine.  Better start thinking of some names, hehe!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)