Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone else just beyond exhausted

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:28 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 217 Total Views

I don't remember being this tired with my other pregnancies.  Maybe I'm just getting too old (I'm 33 now) or something but I am wiped out.  And I don't mean like I feel a little more tired so I don't get as much done around the house.

I mean I am fall down tired from the moment I wake up until I go to bed at night.  I do nothing except bare minimum.  I get the kids up and walk them to school.  I get snacks and help my 3yo get lunch.  I take her to school, pick the kids up and maybe help them warm dinner.  If there's no leftovers I might throw something easy together (like mac & cheese) and that's it.  I do dishes like 3 times a week and I haven't cleaned anything else in weeks.

I have no energy.  I'm so freaking tired ALL the time.  And when I get this tired I get headaches and if I don't get to nap then the headaches turn into migraines.  I get several a week when I'm left to deal with the kids (my husband works out of state and has a 2 hour commute one say so he's gone from before we get up until the kids are in bed at night).

I can barely function any more.  Right now the kids are driving my nuts with their homework.  I'm too tired to stand around and make sure they are doing it.  It's taking all my will power to not crawl into bed and go to sleep.

I tried to take a nap this morning but it's impossible with my 3yo home.  She comes in every 5-10 minutes to see what I'm doing or ask me to get her a snack when she knows very well that it isn't snack time yet.

I got up at 6:15am (had to pee) this morning.  Got the kids up at 6:45am.  Tried to wake up while checking my e-mail but my head was already starting to hurt and I was dragging.  Walked the kids to school at 7:35am.  Came home, loaded the dishwasher (but cleaned nothing else in the kitchen) and played on the computer until 9pm.  By then I could barely keep my eyes open.  I got my 3yo a snack and made myself a sandwich since I was hungry and didn't eat breakfast.  Then I laid down to watch TV.  I had a program recorded and turned that on.  About 25 minutes into it I fell asleep.  My 3yo woke me up 4 times and then I realized the program ended so I turned off the TV and went back to sleep.  My daughter woke me yet again only by then it was 11am and time for lunch.  I didn't feel one bit more rested and my head was starting to really hurt.

So I got us some lunch then turned on some TV shows I have on DVD which means watching them on my computer.  I was really forcing myself to stay awake through all of them and was basically lethargic.  I can barely lift my arms and legs and just lie on the bed staring at the screen but barely comprehending what's going on.

Then it was time to get the older kids from school.  On our way home we had to detour to the store to get milk (we walk so the whole ordeal took 35 minutes).  I got home and was ready to collapse but then my 1st grader needed help on her homework.  It was math and I was so tired I couldn't figure out how to explain what to do.  then my oldest is screwing around, my son is fighting with the 3yo, no one is listening to me and I want to cry I'm so tired.

Finally I popped a few advil out of desperation (the only thing that works on my migraines) and here I am looking longily at my warm bed but it's dinner time so I have to make sure everyone eats and does their reading and that my 4th grader practices her clarinet.

My head hurts, I can't think straight and all I want to do is sleep and it's only Monday.  I'm like this every single day of the week.  Before I got a break on Wed/Thur.  My husband had those days off and he would take the kids to school, pick them up and help them with their homework.  But his schedule changed and now he has weekends off.  I'm on my own all week with no chance to really nap and I don't know how I'm going to make it through.

This is my 5th child and I don't remember ever being this tired with any of my other kids.  Even when I was pregnant with my 3rd and had an infant and a 1 year old to deal with.  Of course, I was 25 then.

Tomorrow is going to be even worse.  My 3yo has school so I have to get her there by 1pm then pick up the kids at 2:20pm, then pick up the 3yo at 3pm then, if my 7yo has girl scouts, I have to get her at 4pm.  I'm sure I'll be in tears by then.  I'm not sure how long I can keep going like this.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Stefanie83
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 9:22 AM

***(((hugs)))***

i was super exhausted with my first pregnancy.  i was in school and worked part time but i did not have kids so it was a lot easier to cope.  i would go to bed around 6 pm and get up around 8 am!  seriously!  and during the day at school, i had to walk some but mostly sit down.  i had a horrible time concentrating though...

i would definitely mention it to my midwife/OB though, because bad exhaustion can be a sign of anemia, but it can also just be a normal pregnancy thing.  hope you feel better soon.  :)

oh and i have not been nearly as exhausted with this pregnancy so i think it's less to do with your age, and just that each pregnancy is different, and that you have more kids to take care of now.

kathymama4
by Member on Jan. 26, 2010 at 9:25 AM

YES! Lol. I take little naps throughout the day. They are only like 15 min to 30 min, and then I can't stay awake at night either. I pass out sitting up with hubby on the couch every night! Especially for commercials, lol. He's taken to just saying, "Babe. Jon Stewart's back on." real sweet and soft. I snap up instantly, "Oh yea, I wnated to see that. Thanks." lol, and then I'm out at the next commercial! And the worst part is, I'm not doing anything strenuous. In fact, I feel like I should be exercising more, but I just don't have the energy...

Lilypie Maternity tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
kathymama4
by Member on Jan. 26, 2010 at 9:28 AM

Quoting justanotherjen:

I don't remember being this tired with my other pregnancies.  Maybe I'm just getting too old (I'm 33 now) or something but I am wiped out.  And I don't mean like I feel a little more tired so I don't get as much done around the house.

I mean I am fall down tired from the moment I wake up until I go to bed at night.  I do nothing except bare minimum.  I get the kids up and walk them to school.  I get snacks and help my 3yo get lunch.  I take her to school, pick the kids up and maybe help them warm dinner.  If there's no leftovers I might throw something easy together (like mac & cheese) and that's it.  I do dishes like 3 times a week and I haven't cleaned anything else in weeks.

I have no energy.  I'm so freaking tired ALL the time.  And when I get this tired I get headaches and if I don't get to nap then the headaches turn into migraines.  I get several a week when I'm left to deal with the kids (my husband works out of state and has a 2 hour commute one say so he's gone from before we get up until the kids are in bed at night).

I can barely function any more.  Right now the kids are driving my nuts with their homework.  I'm too tired to stand around and make sure they are doing it.  It's taking all my will power to not crawl into bed and go to sleep.

I tried to take a nap this morning but it's impossible with my 3yo home.  She comes in every 5-10 minutes to see what I'm doing or ask me to get her a snack when she knows very well that it isn't snack time yet.

I got up at 6:15am (had to pee) this morning.  Got the kids up at 6:45am.  Tried to wake up while checking my e-mail but my head was already starting to hurt and I was dragging.  Walked the kids to school at 7:35am.  Came home, loaded the dishwasher (but cleaned nothing else in the kitchen) and played on the computer until 9pm.  By then I could barely keep my eyes open.  I got my 3yo a snack and made myself a sandwich since I was hungry and didn't eat breakfast.  Then I laid down to watch TV.  I had a program recorded and turned that on.  About 25 minutes into it I fell asleep.  My 3yo woke me up 4 times and then I realized the program ended so I turned off the TV and went back to sleep.  My daughter woke me yet again only by then it was 11am and time for lunch.  I didn't feel one bit more rested and my head was starting to really hurt.

So I got us some lunch then turned on some TV shows I have on DVD which means watching them on my computer.  I was really forcing myself to stay awake through all of them and was basically lethargic.  I can barely lift my arms and legs and just lie on the bed staring at the screen but barely comprehending what's going on.

Then it was time to get the older kids from school.  On our way home we had to detour to the store to get milk (we walk so the whole ordeal took 35 minutes).  I got home and was ready to collapse but then my 1st grader needed help on her homework.  It was math and I was so tired I couldn't figure out how to explain what to do.  then my oldest is screwing around, my son is fighting with the 3yo, no one is listening to me and I want to cry I'm so tired.

Finally I popped a few advil out of desperation (the only thing that works on my migraines) and here I am looking longily at my warm bed but it's dinner time so I have to make sure everyone eats and does their reading and that my 4th grader practices her clarinet.

My head hurts, I can't think straight and all I want to do is sleep and it's only Monday.  I'm like this every single day of the week.  Before I got a break on Wed/Thur.  My husband had those days off and he would take the kids to school, pick them up and help them with their homework.  But his schedule changed and now he has weekends off.  I'm on my own all week with no chance to really nap and I don't know how I'm going to make it through.

This is my 5th child and I don't remember ever being this tired with any of my other kids.  Even when I was pregnant with my 3rd and had an infant and a 1 year old to deal with.  Of course, I was 25 then.

Tomorrow is going to be even worse.  My 3yo has school so I have to get her there by 1pm then pick up the kids at 2:20pm, then pick up the 3yo at 3pm then, if my 7yo has girl scouts, I have to get her at 4pm.  I'm sure I'll be in tears by then.  I'm not sure how long I can keep going like this.

This is VERY dangerous while preggers! It is one of the drugs they say NOT to take. I konw how much that sucks, because I get headaches all the time, and also suffer from Endometriosis, and Advil is all that really works for me, but really, you need to stay away from it!! Try to stick with Tylenol, or even Excedrin (Tylenol with Caffeine), if you can. Or try hot and cold compresses. I like to go back and forth when I get a reall doosy. Sometimes it helps. Good luck, mama. I hope you feel better soon!

Lilypie Maternity tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)