Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you Read, Sing, or Play Music for Baby? time to share.

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:18 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 180 Total Views

Poll

Question: I read, sing or play music for my baby while pregnant ...

Options:

I read

I sing

I play music

Nope, don't do any of that.

I do all of that. Call me crazy :-)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 11

View Results

Do you Read, Sing, or Play Music for Baby? Just curious, and if so, what? and why? ( I know the research on the effects of this may still be inconclusive)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
montanacat
by Group Owner on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:20 PM

nope, none of the above....but i work at a paint store, and the other day i noticed that she didn't like it when i stood too close to a big paint shaker-she was kickin' somethin' fierce!

justanotherjen
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:24 PM

I have never done any of that stuff.  The baby isn't here yet.  I just go about my life as usual.

conejoazul
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:24 PM

Me, I do read some and sing when some CDs are playing (like Jack Johnson's "In Between Dreams").  The why? I hope s/he is listening!, and maybe will be entertained/soothed by it.  Regarding other sounds, lately, I feel guilty if I stand too close to the kitchen counter with the blender is running - I think gosh - If I were in my belly, that sound would be scary as @#$%^!   :-)

MommyRJ
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:25 PM

not specifiically to her, but i do it with my 16mo alot so i guess she hears it too.

DF says good morning and good night to her everyday.

conejoazul
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:27 PM

Quoting montanacat:

nope, none of the above....but i work at a paint store, and the other day i noticed that she didn't like it when i stood too close to a big paint shaker-she was kickin' somethin' fierce!

Oh! Yes, I would think the paint shaker would be un-nerving for Baby!

JeresMom
by Group Admin on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:53 PM

I selected play music although we always have music playing!  We are very big on music our 21 month old has great rythem.  We also like to go see live music while pregnant!  Baby likes to dance once they can hear :)

I read to my son at nap time and bedtime so baby benefits from that as well!

CafeMom Tickers
JeresMom
by Group Admin on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:59 PM

Quoting conejoazul:

Me, I do read some and sing when some CDs are playing (like Jack Johnson's "In Between Dreams").  The why? I hope s/he is listening!, and maybe will be entertained/soothed by it.  Regarding other sounds, lately, I feel guilty if I stand too close to the kitchen counter with the blender is running - I think gosh - If I were in my belly, that sound would be scary as @#$%^!   :-)

I have read in prior pregnancy that once they can hear in the womb that it is good to talk, sing, read baby will becoe familiar with your voice!  I also believe these are all bonding as well atleast for me :)  Even dancing while pregnant..I enjoy being very intune.

CafeMom Tickers
kathymama4
by Member on Mar. 7, 2010 at 9:36 AM

Well, I kind of just live my life. I mean, I listen to music anyway, and the kids are always around and noisy. After my first, I figured it was easiest for baby to be used to the sounds of our daily living. Whatever sounds they experience now will be the most comforting when born. So, I like to have him/her ready for the real life with us. I DON'T want to be stuck having to play mozart EVERY time baby is upset. Or talking, when maybe the others are sleeping. Also, when baby is first born, I make sure to everything like normal. No hush hush for baby. I even vaccuum. Then, baby will sleep through anything!

kathymama4
by Member on Mar. 7, 2010 at 9:37 AM

Of course, I talk all of the time, and all of that, so baby will know my voice without me trying :)

Stefanie83
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 8:25 PM

my son plays music for the baby.  =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)