Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my water broke

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:42 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 472 Total Views

im in the hospital on bedrest.

Friday night (5.21)i had bad diarreah, i blew it off like it was nothing because usually certain foods hurt my tummy anyway.

after going 4 times i got concerned. i drank water and layed down and had cramps. i went to pee and wiped and i was loosing chunks off plug/show and i knew then that the cramps wernt poo cramps they were contractions!

i woke hubby and we headed to l&d they checked me i was a 3 and completely effaced. they gave me a steriod shot for his lungs and stopped contractions. they wanted to keep me until sunday morning so they can monitor and give me the 2nd steriod shot.

Well, saturday came around and things were great. i was feeling fine. they had the contractions stopped and they were getting ready to discharge me and send me home on complete bedrest. i was told to go pee and give a last urine specimine and i went to sit back in bed and felt a trickle. i thought i peed on myself some. i went ot get up and then SWOOOSH. my water broke full force everywhere.

i screamed for the nurses and they got me up on the bed and checked me i was still a 3. they had to call the university hospital because they didnt have a nicu at that one. i got flown to here and was checked by speculum and was still a 3. they are giving me antibiotics to keep infection from coming and im on procardia every 3 hrs. im on complete hospital bedrest they are gonna continue the procardia to keep contractions from coming until i hit 32 weeks.

once saturday comes they wont stop labor because my water has been broken for so long. they are monitoring connor and hes doing great. there are still pockets of fluid around his boy parts and left side of his head.  

right now its a waiting game. i started bleeding this morning but not to bad. they keep checking on the baby and such but arnt doing any vaginal exams until they see that im in full blown labor.

im now 31weeks and 5 days and it will be great if we can make it a few more days at the least.

thought id add my original due date was 7.24.10

by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JeresMom
by Group Admin on May. 26, 2010 at 3:06 PM

Yikes Mama!  Thats crazy!  I am glad you are both okay.  I am wishing you and your family the best!  Sounds like you are in great hands.  Keep us posted!

helen1978
by Member on May. 26, 2010 at 3:47 PM

Good Luck hun and keep us posted.  I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers!

mom_mom_holly
by Member on May. 26, 2010 at 3:54 PM

wow thats scary.  hope everything goes well and that you both stay safe.  be strong and try to keep a clear head about you, i know its hard but im sure everything will be ok.

ramzmomma
by Member on May. 26, 2010 at 5:01 PM

Good luck momma! Praying for you

Kaitsmom1220
by on May. 27, 2010 at 8:36 AM

Wow! Good luck! I will be thinking about you guys.

Sheila_Kaye
by on May. 27, 2010 at 11:43 AM

Good Luck! God Bless and i'll keep you in my prayers!

shortmama490
by on May. 27, 2010 at 8:06 PM

i hope all goes well hun.

sj5039
by Member on May. 28, 2010 at 7:07 AM

My prayers are with you and your family. Everything will work out just fine.

CafeMom Tickers
cancer72283
by on May. 28, 2010 at 7:26 AM

Hope all goes well.

LittlestKeen
by Member on May. 28, 2010 at 12:22 PM

Wow, first baby? good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)