Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Online Childbirth Classes ???

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:51 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 382 Total Views

I'm on my second baby and I have not been able to go to a childbirth classes with either one but it's been 3 years and  and this time I want to go as normal as possible ( aside from the possible induction ). With my last pregnancy I handled everything really well and I didn't even get an epidural until I was 8 or 9 cm. I had an induction (fiance was 2 states away and I was overdue) pitocin, I.V. ,...etc.

This time around we live 1 1/2 hours from the hospital or any childbirth classes and I want to be as prepared as possible to make the most of a more natural labor and delivery or even possible home or side of the road births ( I went really fast last time). I would like to go to childbirth classes but Jordan works 7 days a week and doesn't have a normal schedule. I could go by myself but I really feel like its more important for him to know this stuff because I have even forgotten to breathe when I was in labor with Grace.

We've been trying to read up on it the best we can but I'm stressing out. I'm trying to go natural for all of us and I really need his help my being informed and prepared.

We considered a Doula but I can not find one in the area all of them are over 4 hours away at least and none of the hospitals or doctors know of any.

So the next best thing for us would probably be online classes???

Does anyone know of any websites or other good resourses???

by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
iwanabemomie
by New Member on May. 26, 2010 at 9:09 PM

BUMP thats a good question

BabyName Ticker
JeresMom
by Group Admin on May. 27, 2010 at 12:14 AM

I know there is a lot of info on the Bradley method online.  I am planning on doing a natural hospital birth as well.  I spoke with the midwife at my OBs office and she said that there is not really anything you need to do to prepare.  Especially since I delivered vaginally with my first.  I have done yoga so I am familar with breathing techniques.  But here is a site I found...

http://www.givingbirthnaturally.com/natural-child-birth-education.html

Sheila_Kaye
by on May. 27, 2010 at 12:24 PM

maybe try youtube? i'm sure there is a little something on there somewhere

erika_wright
by Member on May. 27, 2010 at 12:45 PM

we lived far from the hospital for our first time around, so i ordered a dvd of a class and we watched it together. it was very informative, but i dont think it helped as much as we were anticipating.

EnjoyBirth
by New Member on May. 27, 2010 at 5:54 PM

Hypnobabies has a Complete Home Study option.  It has all the great childbirth information you need to know and has awesome tools to help you with birth!  

www.enjoybirth.com/hb.html for more info.  

Jill779
by New Member on Jun. 8, 2010 at 10:05 PM

My sister just had her baby after taking this online childbirth course at Birthologie.com, and she's been singing it's praises:

http://www.birthologie.com/online-childbirth-classes/

Let us know what you decide to do and how it turns out!

Jill

EnjoyBirth
by New Member on Jun. 18, 2010 at 10:59 PM

You may want to look into Hypnobabies.  They have a wonderful Home Study program.  :)

www.enjoybirth.com/hb

tlfaris
by Member on Jun. 19, 2010 at 10:05 AM

I ordered a DVD online just so I had something to go on. PLus I read a lot but I haven't done any online classes and couldn't make it to the hospital classes since out of a 6 week course, weeks 5 & 6 were after my due date. How does that help me? LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)