• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Washing the car seat

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:18 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 225 Total Views

okay, so i am washing everything that i need for our new baby. and the carseat sun shade thing can i wash that? and just leave in on the deal that clicks on to the car seat beings how it doesnt come off. i wish i were posint our little girl was here:(

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
JeresMom
by Group Admin on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:51 PM

Not sure our is plastic for the shade I would imagine just wiping it with warm soapy water would be suffiecient but I am not ure what your seat is like.  Look in the manual it should tell you what parts are washable.

my4littlegirls
by on Jun. 29, 2010 at 11:27 AM

Don't submerge your straps in water.  It makes them less reliable so whipe them with a damp washcloth.  Not really sure about the sun shade though.

Gruntlings
by Member on Jun. 30, 2010 at 11:36 AM

I used oxy clean spray to clean some non-removable parts on my bassinet, and then used a wet cloth to wipe it clean afterwards. Make sure you get all the Oxy out. 

Be VERY careful not to machine wash or submerge the straps of the car seat. This can damage them, and it voids the warranty. 

Look in the car seat manual to find out how to wash the seat cover, and the straps. 

Make sure your seat hasn't expired. Most have a "life" of 4-6 years from date of manufacture (not purchase), and so usually when you buy a seat, it was made the year before. 

GraceZsMom
by Member on Jun. 30, 2010 at 11:44 AM

I  have a graco one and I just tossed it in with the rest of the wash.

cowgirl_mommy05
by Member on Jun. 30, 2010 at 6:40 PM

okay wonderful! Thank you ladies!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)