• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

date night lol yeah right...(ot)

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:45 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 62 Total Views
so last night the hubby and i were told to go out and have some kid free time..thanks to my dad and stepmom...(i love them so)
it started out bad from the get go...he had to work an hour later than normal :( so we pushed back our time for leaving (we didnt have anything planned so not a big deal) then it starts....his mother calls on his way home, she wants him to stop and grab her some groceries(she out of work on leave because shes always sick with something..and now its her brain of all things..seriously her brain. a whole nother story) anyways so now he has to stop cash his check, pay our cell bill, go shopping for her, come home take shower, get ready to leave before my parents show up....so by 730 we are ready to go. parents came, so we are off to drop our oldest, tony 12 off skating with his friends, drop off mil groceries but not before she calls again needing something else so we have to stop somewhere and luckily for me target was right there. heheheh i got some much needed hair dye and the falsies mascara and a revlon mascara that was on sale...got mil's crap and headed out but not before we grab a b-day present for a friends kido turning 6. we decided we didnt have time to stop and eat dinner somewhere so we got arbys lol not exactly what i had in mind but whatever. drove across town dropped off mil stuff and yay guess whos there?! hubby grandparents (love them to death but these people are giving me my grey hair lol) so we get sucked into a conversation about hubby finding a new job (shouldnt they just be happy he has one? hes the boss go to man and its a 8-5 job, 6 days a week..i dont get why they are doing this) that lasts 30 mins....(bye bye people i wanna go!!!!!!) on the road again had to go pick up the child from skating and head back home. its 1045 when we got home. put kids to bed and hubby was tired and had to work in the morning so we went to bed.we did have fun driving around and acting silly thru target! can i have a do over please?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Laurieanne42
by Grammy Lar on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:37 AM

I've learned to NEVER MAKE PLANS because as sure as the sun will come up the next day, SOMETHING will DESTROY them. lol. Nik, do you think your Dad and Stepmom would volunteer again? LOLOL. If so, I'd take them up on it. When it comes to his Mom, JUST SAY NO. LOLOLOL

Mrs.Katie
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:05 AM

Sorry your family had to ruin the night for you hun. I'm with Laurie and maybe your Dad will watch the kids again?

nikki.b.
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:22 PM
yeah they said they want to do it once a month....they had a good time from what i hear! i was just irritated my and hubs couldnt relax
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Laurieanne42
by Grammy Lar on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:51 PM

The best laid plans, Mama......LOLOL. My hubby and I NEVER plan anything. Even now that the kids are older it isn't any easier to make plans to do a date night. We just kind of have to do a spur of the moment thing. :-) Unfortunately, you and hubby do have to plan because you've got your dad and stepmom watching the kids. Hopefully next time, it'll go off without a hitch. :-) 

dqsmami06
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:34 PM

Sorry you didnt get to follow through with your plans. Dont worry about what other people say about hubbys job. If he is happy and yall are both happy i wouldnt care what other people say. Some people just try to help and sometimes its just not their place to say it. Hopefully next time will go smoother.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)