Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ot-halloween advice

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:00 AM
  • 14 Replies
  • 141 Total Views

cory really really really wants jacoby to be chuckie this year for halloween. i don't feel comfortable with it. don't get me wrong, i think it's funny, but on someone else's child lol. i was able to get my way last year, but cory's gets mad when i try to talk him out of it this time. i just feel like this will prob be the last time i get to choose what he is, before jacoby starts to have a say. plus, i don't want to have to explain to him who chucky is later. i dunno... what would you think if you saw a young couple taking a 2 year old chucky around for trick-or-treating? am i worrying too much about what people think?

ps i just wanted to share his last 2 outfits... a wizard and skeleton :)

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AdensMommy2807
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:09 AM
I personally dont think its apropriate for a 2 year old to be chucky. but that's just me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lvndocean
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:21 AM

Um I would have to say if I were you that would be a no no.  Chucky is not the best for a kid seeing that the character is a killer.  Im sure your husband things it's funny but i really don't think that is age appropriate. Good Luck:)

AmandaBug
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:51 AM

I agree I would personally never dress my child up as chucky i remember being scared of that movie when i was younger.  There are so many other ideas out there and a lot of DIY costumes if you're looking to save a buck or two some of those costumes are just so dang expensive for just wearing it one night haha

TjsbabiegirljT
by Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:01 AM

i have to agree I wouldn't think it was funny on someone elses child but inappropriate for my own.... there's plenty of other things he can be... even scary ones that are more age appropriate

MommieOfCamden
by Beachbody Coach on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:33 AM

If YOU aren't comfortable with your son being dressed up like Chucky I wouldn't do it. The idea is pretty fun and silly if you ask me, but I'm one of those mom's that doesn't care what other people think. I actually had a girlfriend who dressed her son up as chucky a couple years back, he was super cute and everybody loved it. It's not like your letting him watch the movie or something ;)

Hope this helps!

BTW I loveeee both of his costumes, he's so cute!!!

jigsaw ribbon

Laurieanne42
by Grammy Lar on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:38 AM

I agree with Steph. I never cared much for other people's opinions and Halloween IS scaryyyy time. Joey wanted to be a zombie when he was that age. He walked around with me and as soon as he saw other kids dressed as zombies, he wanted to go home. LOLOLOLOLOLOL. I think whatever you decide to do, Jacoby is going to have FUN regardless Mama. :-) 

ivy801
by The Fashionista on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:25 AM

Can't find the picture of my daughter but she was Chucky back in 2008 and she was adorable. The haircut was perfetct and we put the costume together down to the last detail as best as we could. No blood on her. we kept her looking like Chucky before he began to kill. We agree to do one year cute one year scary.This year is scary because last year she was a Bee. She wants to be a bee again but were trying to figure out what were going to do, maybe I'll let her be a dead bee.

ivy801
by The Fashionista on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:28 AM

I just remember I wanted her to be the little girl in Halloween 5 dress in her clown costumes, but I hate clowns they scare me.

Laurieanne42
by Grammy Lar on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:58 PM

I'm with you on the clowns Ivy. LOLOLOL. Ever since seeing "It" (Stephen King flick), I'm petrified of those darned clowns myself. LOLOLOLOL.  

PenelopesMom
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:26 PM

I think it's hilarious, but seriously...I really wouldn't do that. Murderous puppets are a bit much.  I'm with you. I'd laugh really hard if I saw it on someone's little kid, but then I'd think, "wow...I wouldn't have done that".

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)