Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help! OT - my poor kid :(

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:35 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 96 Total Views
Alex took a big face plant off a curb this morning & chipped her front tooth pretty good (not to mention her face is all mangled now). Should I take her in to get it fixed??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
psych_mom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:38 AM

I would call a pediatric dentist and see what they think. They look at things like that as a case by case basis.

texasgypsy
by Head Honcho on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:44 AM

i would take her in, just to be sure.

poor baby!!  hugs and kisses!!

FluffyMountains
by El Presidente on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:04 PM
I made an apt for today, they said to bring her in, since the tooth is sharp now. I don't think there's nerve damage, since she's acting fine & says it doesn't hurt, but who knows. They'll tell us what to do. Poor baby, there goes her child modeling career! LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lvndocean
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:57 PM

oh no:(  Poor baby....I would call her dentist and see what he thinks...or her doctor.  Hope she feels better soon!

nikki.b.
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:26 PM
aww poor girl...they can probably shave it down if its sharp...if that cant be done they will just wait till it falls out and she grows her adult teeth...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Laurieanne42
by Grammy Lar on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:31 PM

Poor Alex!!! Joey chipped his front tooth (permanent) when a boy pushed him down in a game of street football. I was devasted but Joe took it all in stride. The dentist just filed it down but you can still see the chip. :-( 

ivy801
by The Fashionista on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:39 PM

I hope is not to damage and that it will never hurt. I had a root canal done at the age of 13, I am scare and hate dentist.

Kastania38
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:01 PM

Aww lauren poor lil girl ...but tell her big alex said it will be ok cuz big alex had all kinds of stuff done as a kid and well i guess u can say i turned out ok hahhaha...by the time she my age she wont even remember lol...*wink*....All jokes aside though...i hope everything is ok...keep us updated will ya

FluffyMountains
by El Presidente on Sep. 29, 2010 at 7:15 AM
Well, Dr. Mike filled it in a little so it's rouned off now. They were really good with her & she did AMAZING, considering she wouldn't let us touch it lol. She's only 2, so this was her first dentist visit. She doesn't have a dentist or pediatrician here yet, so I guess we picked a good one out of the phonebook LOL. As bad as it sounds, I'm glad he filled it in, cuz I didn't want her walkin around with a chipped tooth. People get suspicious with stuff like that & would probably think we did it!
Kas - I went thru hell as a child with my teeth, so I know how ya feel! My overbite was so severe (from thumb sucking - which Alex does too) that I had to have 6 teeth pulled so my other teeth would move back with braces. Almost had to have my jaw broken, then wired shut :( Torture, I tell ya!
Anyway, she is fine now, didn't really bother her. But we're keeping an eye on it :) Thanks everyone!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)