Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do we pray?

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:35 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 250 Total Views

In all of this teaching about the end times, which we know to be untrue, how do we pray?

by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
WandaShort
by Group Admin on May. 3, 2010 at 9:40 AM

Good question!  Does our prayer life change once we embrace a fulfilled redemption view?  I know mine did! 

Because I no longer look for Jesus to ride a horse who could breath in outerspace puking out swords at His foes and swooping me up to a paradise where the lions frolic with the lambs I can now pray knowing that we are in the presence of God and we are already in the kingdom! 

I no longer ask for God to protect me from satan as I know that satan has been destroyed and holds no power over us any longer.   When I go to God in prayer it is as a grateful undeserving sinner but I also know that I am holy and righteous in His eyes thanks to the blood of Christ and his parousia to complete the story of redemption.

My prayer life is deeper, richer, more satisfying and much more joyful since becoming a preterist!  How bout you all?  wanda

Wanda

www.reachingoutministry.org

Need prayer?  http://prayer.ad70.net/ or email your requests/praises to: prayer@ad70.net

rhope4
by Group Owner on May. 3, 2010 at 11:14 AM

I guess what I was wanting to know is, how do we pray about what's going on in the world today?  We know God is in control, but I'm at a loss here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)