Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I properly locate a new group?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:01 PM
  • 3 Replies

Hello,

I started a new group two years ago and I don't have any members. The name of the group is "Fencing is for everyone." My son is a fencer and I was hoping that other moms of kids who are into this sport (or who fence themselves) would join.

How do I locate my group where it will be "seen" by others and how do I promote the group? I have never seen another group that involves the sport of fencing -- if there is already a group for this sport, I'd like to join!

I really know nothing about Cafe Mom and how it works. I found this website and found the group that I participate in the most (Jewish Moms) and I usually just go directly there.

Thank you for any information you can provide!

Kathryn

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Juniper53098
by Bf Working Mamas on Nov. 13, 2009 at 7:11 PM

Once a week, you can write a journal to promote your group.  Ask your friends to vote it popular.

When in your group, there is a red link on the left menu for "Promote your group."  You can use this at least daily.

Do a search on CM for fencing.  Then PM any moms that come up asking them to join.  Make sure you include a link.

Hope this helps.

ggkl
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 9:56 PM

Thanks for the ideas and information! I will try to see how to do that. I also don't know how to put in a "link". I obviously need to learn a lot about the administrative side of Cafe Mom.

Have a great weekend!

Kathryn

fallnangel3
by on Nov. 14, 2009 at 8:51 AM

You can highlight the word that you want to highlight and then the little chain link next to add a sweetpea will allow you to click on it.  All you have to do is place the url in there and click ok, you will then have a link.  As for the searching for a group, make sure that your group settings are set to searchable, and you can try the search for a group function on the right hand side of your page.  Good luck with your group!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)