Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How does this work?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:19 PM
  • 4 Replies

I've noticed some group owners will have a note in their guidelines that says after 90, 180, whatever days, if you haven't been active, you'll be kicked out of the group. 

How does that work?  Does it mean if they haven't logged into Cafemom in that time frame?  Or they haven't logged into the group?  Or they haven't posted?

Does this really make group members more active?  I'm wondering because I've noticed in both of my groups there are people who join and then never return again.  It's a little frustrating, especially when there are new posts and I do send out bulletins on occasion inviting back people who haven't stopped by in a while.

Join my two groups.  One's for business, one's for fun.

Mommy Movers & Shakers   http://www.cafemom.com/group/movers

Fans of The Office (with forums for 30 Rock and My Name is Earl)  http://www.cafemom.com/group/fans

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Liansmommie
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:17 PM

It keeps track of when members click in to their groups. They only have to visit the group in the time specified, not make posts. You can see when your members have last visited in the members list to decide what time frame you think would work best.

At the very least it encourages members to stop by aand just maybe something will catch their attention enough to post.  It also ( after the first delete) sends out an automated message to remind the members they haven't been by in a while and they are about to get bumped from the group. It includes a link to the group.

I like it because I know the member count reflects members who visited recently and doesn't include members who may have joined during a party or something, only to never come back. You can at least talk to members you know come to the group to find out what might interest them, rather than talk with members who haven't been in a while and have no intention of going back. Since humans are bascially lazy there is a good chance that if someone doesn't like the group they won't bother to leave it. This does it for them.

smokeybear
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:29 PM

Lainesmommie is correct.  However if you are thinking of using this feature note that the first time you initiate it, it will remove all members who have not been in your group for set # of days.  After that initial clean out your remaining members will receive a five day notice.

HotMama330
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 12:32 PM

Thanks, ladies.  The group is two months old today, so I went in and set 180 days.  It was active in the beginning, but it's dropped off lately.

SissyAnn141
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2010 at 1:51 AM

If you read the fine print.

They get a 5 day notice, to say PLEASE POST.

Personally, I like it if you are not coming back?

I do not want you . 

Clickable to GROUP

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)