Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CafeMom Group Resource Center CafeMom Group Resource Center

The Science Spot- Our Rising Star of the Week!

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2010 at 7:31 AM
  • 7 Replies

Our rising star group of the week is The Science Spot!  Congratulations to The Science Spot!  They have been working hard and have seen their group rise to #135 on the "Most Popular" group list! 

I asked the group owner to fill us in on some of her best tips and share a little bit about herself.  Make sure to read the information that science_spot gave us and see if you can use it in your groups today!

1. How long have you been a CafeMom member?   Since the beginning.  I used a different name at first, but once I decided to open a science group and write a science blog, I switched to "science_spot" because it makes me very recognizable!
  2. How long have you been a group owner, and what made you want to start your group? I have owned this group about 1 1/2 years.  I wanted to start this group because the other science groups were not active... and this make science look like a big dud.
  3. What are your top three tips for someone just starting a group? First, expect it to be alot of work for you as owner.  Second, get great help and treat them well!  Third, have a reason for starting a group - find a niche, have a purpose and keep your eye on that mission!
  4. What things do you think you did to get your group on the Rising Stars list? Taking on a co-owner and new admins helped.  We dedicated ourselves to being active inthe group and making it a friendly place to learn about science. 
  5. Anything else you would like to share with us? An active group takes time!  it takes time to work in your group and time to grow it.  A group can go downhill alot faster than it rises up, so you really have to keep at it or the group will suffer.

If you know of a "Rising Star" group you would like to see featured in GRC, just send me a message and let me know!

by on Apr. 18, 2010 at 7:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
smokeybear
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:52 AM

way to go 

science_spot
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:53 AM

simple smile

smokeybear
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:55 AM

Oh forgot to share this, from Tonya........

Moonbugy race and fossa face,

Science pet peeves and an octopus thieves,

A volcano all hot; this and more at The Science Spot!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/93341/

Liansmommie
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 1:24 AM

LOL. That is awesome!

Quoting smokeybear:

science_spot
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 5:59 AM

Quoting Liansmommie:

LOL. That is awesome!

Quoting smokeybear:

Thank you!  I made that up yesterday to leave in chatterboxes of members :)

Cenedra64
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 8:33 AM

congratulations

smokeybear
by on Apr. 21, 2010 at 10:06 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)