Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SUPRISED IN MY ADMINS

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:48 PM
  • 25 Replies

It seems all at once my group went from having active members to only 1 or 2 a dad. My admins seem to have falen off the planet, wont return my ims. It is getting really frustrating. I dont know what to do. any advice would be great.

by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hastaluvme
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:55 PM

I think aliens came and took over our admins...mine just did the same....lol

Shaynas_Mommy
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:06 PM

I've had that happen before. I demoted the ones who wouldn't respond to my messages, and then got new ones.

Do you love to clean? Join us at Clean Freaks http://www.cafemom.com/group/110526/

shell81
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:17 PM

Write them and say you wanted to make sure everything was ok with them... If they don't respond back demote them. Find new ones.

To pick up in your group on being active try out some games or just posts asking questions.

Great Game and Contest Ideas

Advertise For An Admin:
Owners: Are you looking for an Admin? Admins: Are you looking for a group?

Group Activity:
What do you do to keep your group active?
Tip: Checking Into Your Group
I need suggestions to get members motivated again

smokeybear
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:21 PM

This is a very busy time of year, graduations, weddings etc...   Keep messaging them & if you do not get a response within the next two weeks, you'll have to get real help!

zbee
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:58 PM

I must be a hard butt, if my admins (which they have never) didn't work the group with me, and didn't answer my msgs I would definitely demote them. If someone has got to be out of the group for awhile they could at least tell you what is going on. JMO 

tattooedmomma23
by on May. 25, 2010 at 1:33 PM

Thank you for the advice ladies!

T-Howe
by on Jun. 15, 2010 at 12:06 PM

Ours are doing it too. Frustrating for sure sometimes.

IDK but I think it might just be summer cause it seems a lot of groups are slow right now (which is frustrating too to a group owner! OYE!)

Good luck!

ARmom
by on Jun. 15, 2010 at 12:14 PM

I usually have an MIA post in my Admin forum or encourage my admins to use our group calendar (and set it for Administrators only viewing).  They will usually post if they are going to be away for an extended period of time, going on vacation, had a baby and need some time off, or just won't be around on a specific day.  If it's an emergency - they have my personal email too.

Just make sure they have every opportunity to communicate with you, and if they don't within a week - I would say demote them.  But let them know that you are demoting them because it seems they are too busy for the group and if they ever want to come back, the door is open.
Sometimes people just don't have time to get on the computer, but a week should be enough time to let you know what's going on.

VTHaven
by on Jun. 15, 2010 at 12:14 PM

Nope! That's what I'd do too. Communication should be give and take with the admins. If they are away and won't be around for a while...you should know that too. Demote and Renew! Good luck...that must be frustrating.

Quoting zbee:

I must be a hard butt, if my admins (which they have never) didn't work the group with me, and didn't answer my msgs I would definitely demote them. If someone has got to be out of the group for awhile they could at least tell you what is going on. JMO 

tattooedmomma23
by on Jun. 15, 2010 at 1:32 PM

The left started their own group and took our members!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)