Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CafeMom Group Resource Center CafeMom Group Resource Center

Expert Group of the Week: Cuties with Cloth Booties

Posted by on May. 25, 2010 at 8:32 AM
  • 3 Replies

briefcase

Cuties with Cloth Booties is a group that has been around since 2008.  It currently sits at #5 for the group with the most conversations.  This group definitely has earned their "expert stripes" around CafeMom!  I talked to MisanthropKitty about her group and asked her to share some of her tips with us. 

Thank you MisanthropKitty for taking the time to share your tips with us!

How did you get your group to grow, and how do you keep your members active? Our group has always had a natural pull to it, we love cloth diapering and we love having new members come to the group and find out some of the various mistruths about cloth diapering (most people come into the group thinking we are still in the dark ages of flat diapers and rubber pants.)  Our group stays active because we are all like one big extended family.  We are able to joke and debate without letting it get in the way of our relationships with one another.

How long have you been a group owner, and what made you want to start your group? I just took over the ownership in January but I have been an admin of the group since June of 2008. 

What are your top three tips for someone just starting a group? My top three tips would be to 1. Don't take things to heart all the time (constructive criticism even from your close friends is to help you not to bring you down)

2. Do it for fun.  Your group may start to feel like a burden if you make it too much like a job and that brings everyone down.

3. Always laugh and joke. 

Anything else you would like to share with us? I have loved being a member and group owner of CWCB.  I feel as close to some of the members as I do my own family.  We all watch our children grow up together and journey through each others lives through the group.  It's amazing.

by on May. 25, 2010 at 8:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MichelleK41
by on May. 25, 2010 at 11:18 AM

way to go                                                you rock

smokeybear
by on May. 25, 2010 at 2:02 PM

congratulations

aneela
by Serious Coupon Swap on Sep. 12, 2012 at 2:40 PM

they have been #1 for a long time...good tips

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN