Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CafeMom Group Resource Center CafeMom Group Resource Center

Friends Group of the Week: Crop n Chat Group

Posted by on May. 25, 2010 at 12:11 PM
  • 5 Replies

Crop n Chat is a great group for friends and more!  They just recently celebrated their second birthday and we are excited to feature them today!

The Group Owner, KGuzman, took a moment to answer some questions for us about her group.  If you are looking to make your group a friendly place, she might have some great tips for you. 

Share with us a little about you-- how long have you been a CafeMom member, and what does your screen name mean?

I think I joined around Dec 2007.  KGuzman is me Kellie Guzman

Now, tell us a little about your group- how long have you owned it, and what made you start it?

Crop N Chat just celebrated our 2nd birthday on May 19th.  I started the group in 2008 because I wanted a place that was all about the hobby I love..scrapbooking...but with a twist. The twist was a strong focus on Friendship...which leads us to the next question.

Is your groups primary focus friendships?    YES and no  It is the most important part of what makes this a strong group.  I make it a point to learn everyones name in my group and the more active they are the easier that is for me.

What do you do in your group to encourage friendships to be made?

I think the biggest thing that is done in our group to encourage friendship is making everyone feel like a real person you can touch and see.  I make it a point to learn everyones name as much as possible...activity on their part is necessary as well.  THE REAL CREDIT goes to the group as a whole.  I have many ladies that have been with me from the very early days of the group and they are genuine to the core.  You can't help but want to be their friends.

We have a journal we all take part in sharing everyday life outside of the hobby we all love.  We celebrate life together (the good and the bad) for everyone opened to sharing.

Are there any other tips you would like to give a group that might just be starting out?

Make your members feel safe.  Make your rules and guidelines in a manner that they can feel accepted and respected, cared about as a human being.  Although it may be hard at times to enforce the guidelines you set... you have to.  As the owner you have to set the first and best example.  And remember you can't please everyone all the time, but be the best person you can be and the rest will follow.

by on May. 25, 2010 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MichelleK41
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:39 AM

way to go                             you rock

lapizz
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:52 AM

I am gonna add on a group member perspective to this - yes, I am in her group :-) - Kellie is genuine, caring, sincere...when she says she knows you - she reaches out to you in a way that not many people are able to (or even capable). Her group is fun and friendly...and a creative outlet.

Cafe Amber
by Group Admin on May. 26, 2010 at 1:42 PM

Quoting lapizz:

I am gonna add on a group member perspective to this - yes, I am in her group :-) - Kellie is genuine, caring, sincere...when she says she knows you - she reaches out to you in a way that not many people are able to (or even capable). Her group is fun and friendly...and a creative outlet.

Thanks for sharing this about the group-- it's great to hear a members take on it!

KGuzman
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:14 PM
Thanks Laura! You are so sweet!
shell81
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)