• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

are bulletins not showing as new msgs now?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:20 AM
  • 10 Replies

I really liked when we could see what new bulletins we had.  Is this not happening with the new format?

by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe Amber
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:38 AM

Hi,

If you click on the "Messages" link, you will see if you have any unread Bulletins, down at the bottom.

fallnangel3
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:56 AM

But  you arent' going to get a "1" next to the messages shortcut at the top I guess is what my question was

Cafe Amber
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:41 PM

Quoting fallnangel3:

But  you arent' going to get a "1" next to the messages shortcut at the top I guess is what my question was

No, a one won't be displayed.  We think that would probably be a little too "in your face" with the bulletins.  We wanted to make them noticeable, but not too obtrusive. 

HotMama330
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:20 PM

Quoting Cafe Amber:

Quoting fallnangel3:

No, a one won't be displayed.  We think that would probably be a little too "in your face" with the bulletins.  We wanted to make them noticeable, but not too obtrusive. 

But not everyone gets PMs on a daily basis.  My concern is a lot of bulletin are going go unread simply because people don't know they have them.

fallnangel3
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:27 PM
Yep my thoughts exactly. When we had the new bulletin notification I noticed more "traffic" in my groups the days I sent them out. I'm sad that we don't have that any more as a GO. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HotMama330
by on May. 27, 2010 at 11:53 AM

Quoting fallnangel3:

Yep my thoughts exactly. When we had the new bulletin notification I noticed more "traffic" in my groups the days I sent them out. I'm sad that we don't have that any more as a GO. :(

That happened to my groups, too.  This especially hurts in my own group because it was slow to being with.

Stephanies5
by on May. 27, 2010 at 12:02 PM

Quoting HotMama330:

Quoting Cafe Amber:

Quoting fallnangel3:

But not everyone gets PMs on a daily basis.  My concern is a lot of bulletin are going go unread simply because people don't know they have them.

I completely agree.  I really like the old way better where it always showed you what you have not read.  The numbers were small so they were not a problem, however, they were a constant reminder if you had some.

If you didn't want to see them, they could easily have been ignored.  Now, I don't even know if I have a bulletin I need to read.  When I have a message or invite, I might click into it and see it but then want to come back to reply a little later but then I forget about it until I go in there again for some reason then I see it again and am bothered that I hadn't gotten backt to it yet.

I'm just not that fond of the new format.

Click on the tag to join the Bible Study Chat at: 

Sister's In Spirit

Where we work together

to fulfill God's purpose for our lives.

1cr8zygurl
by on May. 27, 2010 at 11:36 PM

this

Quoting fallnangel3:

Juniper53098
by Bf Working Mamas on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:31 AM

I agree.  I can go a week or more without a PM and I'm rarely on my homepage, so I'm missing bulletins, now.

klatshaw
by on Jun. 7, 2010 at 2:23 PM

I just read 2 bulletins that were sent a week ago!! I really wish it would go back to the old way.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)