• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The groups 1 year anniversary

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:24 PM
  • 7 Replies

Gamer Grrls are aproaching their one year anniversary and we are having the hardest time coming up with a way to celebrate it.  If you don't care to share, how did your groups celebrate your first year anniversary?  And do any of you have any ideas?

Thanks to all of you who reply!

by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
shell81
by on May. 27, 2010 at 12:36 AM
Cafe Amber
by on May. 27, 2010 at 9:52 AM

We have planned a lot of parties at CafeMom, and here are some quick tips that I use regularly when party planning:

1. If you are stuck for ideas, it's fun to see what type of holidays are happening during the month.  You can use those holidays to come up with a fun "theme" for your party.  The A Reason to Celebrate: June-- Promote Your Group Parties Here! post is a great place to start for you.  Remember the "theme" of the party can go outside the box a little from your groups focus if it needs to.  For example,  June is "Drive Safe Month"-- since your group is a gaming group, maybe you could have a post dedicated to Drive Safe Month-- share some safe driving tips, and ask the members to share their favorite game involving cars, as well as give tips on the game.

2. Use your admin forum to create your party.  Plan the posts now, and move them over when the big day comes.  You can either stickie them or bump them up. 

3. Use the game and contest ideas post to come up with ideas.

4. Spend some time inviting your current members to the party, and ask them to bring friends.  You can place the event in your calender, send personal PM invites, write a journal post,  and use the bulletin feature to make your current members aware of the party.  

5. Since it is an anniversary, spend some time reflecting on the past, since your group is a gamer group, you might "re-visit" some of those old fashioned arcade games we all used to play.  You can also have your members share how they found the group and what they love about it.   

Hopefully that gives you a start!  Congratulations on your groups anniversary!

meluvja
by on May. 27, 2010 at 3:15 PM

Thanks so much!

Liansmommie
by on May. 27, 2010 at 5:14 PM

What I have seen work well in the past is have a contest for posts. Have members make a discussion or game post and the one that gets the most replies is the winner. keep them all in a Birthday Bash forum and put that at the top of your forum list.

Cenedra64
by Bronze Member on May. 28, 2010 at 11:41 AM

congratulationsCongratulations on your one year anniversary

smokeybear
by on May. 28, 2010 at 6:54 PM

Woo Hoo!!  Congrats on your anniversary!!!  congratulations

meluvja
by on May. 28, 2010 at 10:07 PM

Thanks ladies!  We have allot to be proud of!  We just hit 111 members today! 

I am a new administrator and I know the owner and the other administrator has worked very hard to reach their goals, and I'm just happy that I got to help!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)