Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CafeMom Group Resource Center CafeMom Group Resource Center

Rising Star of the Week: Classic Rock Mommas!

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 1:39 PM
  • 10 Replies

Our rising star group of the week is Classic Rock Mommas! 

I asked the group owner to fill us in on some of her best tips and share a little bit about herself.  She has some really awesome ideas for promoting her group.  Enjoy!

How long have you been a group owner, and what made you want to start your group? The group was started in April 2008; My stay in Classic Rock Mommas began as an admin, but gravitated to group owner by January 2009.

What are your top three tips for someone just starting a group? Being a group owner is hard work.  What I have learned is that if you want a successful group you have to stay active and post daily so that you do not appear disinterested to your members, invite daily to boost your membership, and encourage your members to post by adding games and trivia, in addition to the main topical group discussions.  Games, I find are a great way to start making friends and having fun with each other.

What things do you think you did to get your group on the Rising Stars list? I have to admit that I have been promoting like crazy!  I love to play the scavenger hunt games- the supermom and the States.  This has been a very effective way to promote via chatterbox.  I have also been advertising for sister groups, where we are allowed to advertise Classic Rock Mommas to the rest of Cafe Mom.  Finally, I have tried my best to be diligent with posting the daily question of the day and other expected posts to set the momentum of the group.

What do you think your members take away from their group experience while they are a part of your group? I hope that the Classic Rock Mommas members know that the main purpose of the group is to have fun and rock on! The take away from our members has to be that music is a way of life for us.  We love our Classic Rock & Roll artists.

Anything else you would like to share with us? I'd like to thank the GRC for the opportunity to represent Classic Rock Momma's.  I'd also like to thank all of CRM's members and admin staff who help to get the group where it is today.

Remember everyone, music is one of life's greatest pleasures!  Rock on!

by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 1:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bocamom62
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 1:42 PM

Congrats Vicky!!

Faith123
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 1:44 PM

Way to go, Vicky!!

catloveralways
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 2:16 PM

CONGRADS;  Vicky

crystees_mom
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 5:26 PM

Alright Vicky! Woohoo! Way to go girl!

shell81
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 6:43 PM
MichelleK41
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 8:07 PM

way to go                              congratulations

tvschiulaz
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2010 at 10:09 PM

Ladies, thank you all for the kind words!  Rock on!

Cenedra64
by on Jun. 5, 2010 at 6:56 AM

way to go

Liansmommie
by on Jun. 5, 2010 at 3:24 PM

Congratulations Vicky!

tanya777
by on Jun. 5, 2010 at 9:05 PM

WTG! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)