Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CafeMom Group Resource Center CafeMom Group Resource Center

Rising Star of the Week: Fluttering Flybabies

Posted by on Jun. 7, 2010 at 12:53 PM
  • 4 Replies

Do you need some help getting things organized and looking spic and span?  Fluttering Flybabies is our Rising Star this week, and they can help you with just that!  They might be able to help you get some great tips on how to grow your group as well!  Let's all ready waht Tanya777 had to share with us this week!

How long have you been a group owner, and what made you want to start your group?

I actually have started several groups since joining CM back in 2007 and through the years I have given some of the groups away to other CM members. Right now I own 5 groups so I stay quite busy on CM :)

Fluttering Flybabies was created by a friend of mine in June of 2007 and the group was given to me in spring of 2008. I love helping other moms on their journey to get their homes completely decluttered and detailed.

What are your top three tips for someone just starting a group? 

1. Be active-Take the time to post in your group and often. What you put in your group is what you'll get out of it. So if you take the time then the group will flourish.

2. Advertise in your siggy and make it clickable-Either make a siggy or go to one of the siggy groups and ask one of the many talented siggy makers to make one for you.  Then make the siggy clickable so when you post other CM members can easily click on your siggy and go to your group.

3. Make it fun-Make your group fun. Plan contests, parties, etc. Get ideas from the wonderful ladies from GRC. If your group isnt fun than your members wont want to participate.

What things do you think you did to get your group on the Rising Stars list? 

I took the time to get to know the group members and build relationships with them. I took the time to find out what they want/need from the group and go from there to plan things.

Also, I plan admin meetings and we as an admin team plan what we will change with whats not working or to add to the group to make it better. Some things may work for some but may not work for others.

My admins and I plan lots of different things in the group since we realized that not all moms are the same. In the past we have done contests, games, parties, and many other things.

What do you think your members take away from their group experience while they are a part of your group?

I believe my group members take away lasting friendships, a cleaner home and a more organized life. A few of my close friends have came from this group. I also think some of them dont mind to clean as much because there able to clean with other moms and have fun with it.

Anything else you would like to share with us?

Being a group owner takes a lot of hard work, dedication, respect and patience. You need to take the time and be really dedicated to the group. You also need respect for your members because if you dont respect them, then they wont respect you. Also, patience is key in being a group owner. It may take some time for your group to be number 1, so dont get discouraged.

by on Jun. 7, 2010 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lapizz
by on Jun. 23, 2010 at 9:21 AM

I love this group! It doesn't matter if you do all of the steps - you are encouraged to just try! And the women do motivate me to improve the house.

crystees_mom
by on Jun. 23, 2010 at 10:17 AM

Congratulations! I just may peek in there!

Mama_McD
by on Jun. 23, 2010 at 3:44 PM

I've been a member of this group for going on two years and I LOVE it!  The FlyLady program is a great tool for getting organized and cleaning your home, but without this group (Fluttering Flybabies) I don't think I would have stuck with it as long as I have!  I have made so many great and lasting frindships here, and if I ever need some extra motivation or advice, this is the first place I go!

MichelleK41
by on Jun. 23, 2010 at 6:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)