Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CafeMom Group Resource Center CafeMom Group Resource Center

Expert Group of the Week: Cake 101

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2010 at 5:03 PM
  • 5 Replies

briefcase

I love to make cakes, and am super excited to have a group on that topic be our expert group of the week this week!  If you have ever wanted to make cakes, or just want to learn a few tips from a pro-group owner, let's check out what the owner of Cake 101 had to share with us. 

How did you get your group to grow, and how do you keep your members active? I don't focus on trying to grow the group or keep up with members. It's a very open group and people come and go as needed. We as a whole provide a lot of encouragement for those who are just getting started decorating or those who want to share their latest accomplishment.

How long have you been a group owner, and what made you want to start your group? I've been owner of this group for a little over a year. I inherited the group and I'm very happy I did!

What are your top three tips for someone just starting a group? I don't think I have any advice for anyone starting a group. I've had several group not succeed...Luckily cake decorating is the "in thing" right now! lol

What do you think your members take away from their group experience while they are a part of your group? We help them feel confident in what they are doing. Everyone has to start somewhere and my group is a great place to start! We have recipes from bakers who have made a career out of cake decorating for over 30 years! We also share tips and techniques that are good for everyone.

Anything else you would like to share with us? My group rocks! We don't argue, there is no tension, nothing offensive. It's a great group of ladies helping the same great group of ladies!

by on Jun. 15, 2010 at 5:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
michiganmom116
by on Jun. 17, 2010 at 1:37 PM

I'm a member of Cakes 101, and, although I've been a decorator for over 27 years, I still learn something new every week! 

crystees_mom
by on Jun. 17, 2010 at 1:38 PM

Oh this group sounds yummy! Congratulations ladies!

suzi960
by on Jun. 17, 2010 at 3:42 PM

YES THIS GROUP DOES SOUND DELISH....MIGHT JUST CHECK IT OUT.

smokeybear
by on Jun. 17, 2010 at 5:20 PM

congratulationsCongratulations!!!

badylugs80
by on Jun. 20, 2010 at 12:43 PM

Thanks ladies! I'm a proud owner! Please feel free to come check us out and give and take what you will :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)