Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CafeMom Group Resource Center CafeMom Group Resource Center

Expert Group of the Week: Step-Parenting

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2010 at 10:07 AM
  • 1 Replies

briefcase

Being a parent in a blended family can be a really tuff job.  The Step-Parenting group has been offering support to the moms in this situation and have done really well at having a sucessful group!  Let's hear what tips our experts have for us this week!

How did you get your group to grow, and how do you keep your members active?

When you have a group, you have to be an active group owner. I like to post "Group Discussion" posts to get every member active in the thread and get their opinion on step-parenting.

How long have you been a group owner, and what made you want to start your group?

I have been owner of the step-parenting group for only a few short months. (Ownership was transferred to me). I have owned another group for a little over a year.

I love owning a group, being able to bring moms together for advice and support.

What are your top three tips for someone just starting a group? 

Be an active G.O.! You must post and reply to let your members know that you are still interested in your group. Your group is what you make of it!

Remember, everybody has different situations. Not everybody is going to agree.

Have fun, keep your members interested! Without your members, you don't have a group! ;)

What do you think your members take away from their group experience while they are a part of your group?

I believe we have learned that everybody's situation is different. There are no 2 the same. Having somebody elses point of view, can help you tackle problems to keep everybody's best interest at heart.

Anything else you would like to share with us?

Step-parenting is a hard job! To be successful, ALL parents, including steps and bios, must work together!

by on Jun. 20, 2010 at 10:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
MichelleK41
by on Jun. 23, 2010 at 6:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)