Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CafeMom Group Resource Center CafeMom Group Resource Center

Friends Group of the Week: Birds and Butterflies Group!

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2010 at 11:06 AM
  • 6 Replies

Have you seen many birds and butterflies in you area this year?  I know I have, and my kids and I love to sit back and watch them.  Our friends group of the week is one that encourages you to do just that, and soak it all in with your camera.  Let's read a little bit about the Birds and Butterflies group and how they become close friends. 

Share with us a little about you-- how long have you been a CafeMom member, and what does your screen name mean?     I've been on CafeMom for about 2 yrs, I had an online toy business called KoolKidsToys and the decided on Koolkidsmom for my screen name.

Now, tell us a little about your group- how long have you owned it, and what made you start it?

I wanted a nature group that would encompass more than the few groups that were alrady on.  We cover all things nature even rocks and weeds and also have a sharing forum for everything from Prayer requests to recipes and advice.  In our forums we post photos we take and have lots of discussions which keep us close knit and encourage frindships.  Most of us are religious but not to the extreme.  we have never had any bashing and share a lot of love.  Even tho the group is only 8 mos old we are still getting new members thru referrals and my active recruiting.  We encourage children to participate and have had photo contests for the kids.  Some as young as 2 years old cn take amazing photos with a p & S camera.

Is your groups primary focus friendships?   

No it is a photography and discussion/learning group with each member sharing their knowledge and expertise with other members.  In this atmosphere friendships are formed.

What do you do in your group to encourage friendships to be made?

With all our discussions and similar intrests we just naturally make friendships.  Most of our members are in the grandma age group rather than young mommies but we have some of those too.

What do you think your members take away from their group experience while they are a part of your group?

A greater knowledge of nature and a better understanding of how everything around us is part of a plan.

Are there any other tips you would like to give a group that might just be starting out?

I really feel that the owner of the group and the administrators have to show an interest in the members and if someone isn't around or a while after being a "regular" we contact them to say hi and we've missed them.  This kind of caring and making people feel important is the basis for our success.  We're certainly not the biggest but I think we do rank as one of the most close knit caring group. 

by on Jun. 24, 2010 at 11:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Cenedra64
by on Jun. 24, 2010 at 12:56 PM

I'm a member of her group.  She is a fantastic group owner!    Ladies this is a fun group!   I enjoy going in every day and reading the funny stories they tell.    The pictures are always enjoyable.   Just so soothing and relaxing in this group

smokeybear
by on Jun. 24, 2010 at 12:58 PM

Your group sounds wonderful!  Congratulations on a successful group! congratulations

morningglory1
by on Jun. 24, 2010 at 3:49 PM

I'm admin to this group and I have to say it is my favorite! Everyone is wonderful and caring. I love looking at everyone's pics from all over the states and hearing about nature in other parts of the country.

we rock

koolkidsmom
by on Jun. 24, 2010 at 5:31 PM

Thanks so much for featuring our group.  We would love to have more members that share our love of nature.  Just apply and get started. 

MichelleK41
by on Jun. 24, 2010 at 7:45 PM
crystees_mom
by on Jun. 24, 2010 at 7:52 PM

Congrats!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN