Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you feel obligated to...

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:54 PM
  • 20 Replies

Do you feel obligated to stay friends with your group members?   I was going through my friends list to today and noticed I have a lot of group members who added me a friend.  However, I know nothing about them and really haven't been in communication with them.  I'm deciding whether I should clean up my friends list or leave it alone.

Are any of you in a similiar situation? 

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cenedra64
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:06 PM

yes I've had a lot sent me friend invites immediately upon joining.  I haven't seen some of them since.    I do a cleanup once in a while.   I  have too many people on my IM that do talk regular and it's hard to see all the names if the list is too full of people who do not talk.    Unfortunately I haven't found a good way to sort who shows on IM and who doesn't and if someone's on your friend's list they automatically show there too.     So it don't just give them access to your private page but to all the goodies.   Did I make sense?    I think I sweated half my brains out today   LOL 

sheri305
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:25 PM

No,I dont feel obligated,but most of the time I do accept all invites.But if we dont bond,or if they arent active members of the site,I delete.

ARmom
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:30 PM

Same for me.

Quoting sheri305:

No,I dont feel obligated,but most of the time I do accept all invites.But if we dont bond,or if they arent active members of the site,I delete.

J.A.Mommy
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:35 PM

I dont feel obligated. If I have a member of my group or was a part of my group and I dont ever speak to them they I will not hesitate to remove them from my list.

crystees_mom
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:10 PM

Quoting ARmom:

Same for me.

Quoting sheri305:

This is me too. I will accept them, but I have never understood WHY you would want to friend someone you haven't gotten to know. New members certainly are not obligated to "friend" an owner...it's not like they get brownie points, lol. Oh well, no harm, no foul!

shell81
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:21 PM

I dont' feel obligated... I might not talk to them all the time or ever but I am on their list if they ever need me is the way I look at it!

suzi960
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:27 AM

no,i dont feel obligated.i do a clean up every once in a while..

science_spot
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:19 AM

Quoting crystees_mom:

Quoting ARmom:

Same for me.

Quoting sheri305:

This is me too. I will accept them, but I have never understood WHY you would want to friend someone you haven't gotten to know. New members certainly are not obligated to "friend" an owner...it's not like they get brownie points, lol. Oh well, no harm, no foul!

Some people have a different feeling about what the 'friendship' means to them.  I will also accept all invites.... it is like me saying I'll give the relationship a chance. By being 'friends' it is easier to follow each other, see their posts, etc, in order to get to know wach other.

I usually only delete friends who aren't sround the site regularly, or if all they ever do is spam me.

smokeybear
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:24 AM

Quoting sheri305:

I have my friends list "auto-delete" feature set to 60 days.

starestrada
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:40 AM

Quoting suzi960:

no,i dont feel obligated.i do a clean up every once in a while..

this

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)