Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What am I doing wrong?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:29 PM
  • 11 Replies

Since June 10th I've posted 10 different discussion and not one member has replied or even started their own post.  My group started off really well, gaining 10 members within the first week (group was started on June 5).  Most of the members posted in the Introductions area but haven't posted anywhere else.  I'm kind of at a loss at what else I should be doing or trying.  This is my first group, if you couldn't already tell..lol.  Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated!  Thank you!

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crystees_mom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:05 PM

What type of group is it? Have you posted a "suggestion box" asking the group at large what they would like to see/do? Members love to make suggestions, and tend to be more active when their suggestions are used. 

liltinymommy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:02 PM

this might mean your members are inactive bcz of then amount of members! i would go promote promote promote and get ppl to start replying so other members see it!

Liansmommie
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:33 AM

You probably aren't doing anything wrong. People are just busy with end of school, beginning of summer stuff. I would chatterbox the members of your group, and then as the PP said promote for new members. Summer is always hard because the school age kids take up more time.  I know I would rather be outside with my son than sitting at a computer. Keep posting though. It's always good for potential members to see the last activity was really recent.

Cenedra64
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2010 at 10:30 AM

Quoting Liansmommie:

You probably aren't doing anything wrong. People are just busy with end of school, beginning of summer stuff. I would chatterbox the members of your group, and then as the PP said promote for new members. Summer is always hard because the school age kids take up more time.  I know I would rather be outside with my son than sitting at a computer. Keep posting though. It's always good for potential members to see the last activity was really recent.

I know that's the truth!    Give it time.   And like the other lady said you might need fresh meat in your group.  Promote

bocamom62
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 11:06 AM

Start a contest.  Send each member a chatter or PM and challenge them to invite more members, respond to posts, etc.  You may want to consider a small prize (a $5-10 Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts giftcard a good option).  Also, keep posting--but don't do it all at once.  Stop in 2-3 times a day so that the members see that you are active.

Cenedra64
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:14 PM

Quoting bocamom62:

Start a contest.  Send each member a chatter or PM and challenge them to invite more members, respond to posts, etc.  You may want to consider a small prize (a $5-10 Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts giftcard a good option).  Also, keep posting--but don't do it all at once.  Stop in 2-3 times a day so that the members see that you are active.

what group do you own?  I'd join just to try to win the gift cards LOL  

lvaughn26
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:55 PM

I"m in the same boat. I did not start the group. I took it over when the original had to take some time off for family issues. I'm pretty much the only one who ever posts. When I took over there were a little less than 1000 members, but since we started eliminating people who don't visit in a while it's down to about 30. The group was almost dead before I got it, but I thought if I gave it more time I could turn it around. I think I was wrong.

lvaughn26
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:57 PM

BUMP!

HotMama330
by on Jun. 29, 2010 at 1:32 PM

My groups are going through a summer slow down, too.

meluvja
by on Jun. 30, 2010 at 3:40 AM

The group I'm an admin for went through this for a while.  We'd beg for suggestions, but no one gave any.  It was myself and another admin always posting and one person replying.  We gained about 50 members and then it started picking up....still not allot of traffic yet by people, but atleast people are showing interest now. 

Good luck! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)