Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CafeMom Group Resource Center CafeMom Group Resource Center

Most Friends Group of the Week: Pandora's Box

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:08 PM
  • 4 Replies

Are you looking for a group that is "real" and full of frienships?  Pandora's Box might just be the group for you!  Valerie, the group owner shared with me a little about her group and what she hopes her members will take from the group. 

Share with us a little about you-- how long have you been a CafeMom member, and what does your screen name mean?

My name is Valerie, I have been a Cafemom member for a little over 2 years. This is by far my favorite site to visit. My screen name is 4isenoough and it means no more kids for us because 4 really is enough! LOL! :)

Now, tell us a little about your group- how long have you owned it, and what made you start it?

I have owned it from the beginning and I now have another GO named Theresa who is awesome!!We will turn 1 on July 16th!

The group was started because we wanted to have a positive, fun, sometimes controversial group, without being a bitch group. A place where members could come in with real questions, or stories, and get real responses-not abuse.

Is your groups primary focus friendships?   

Yeah. We encourage everyone to get to know each other on a personal level and make lasting friendships.

What do you do in your group to encourage friendships to be made?

We talk about random "little things" and we put ourselves out there if we are having an AMAZING day this is where we share it. If we are having a hard time we share it here too.

What do you think your members take away from their group experience while they are a part of your group?

At least a siggy or two LOL! Actually I hope they take away the feeling that we care. I find myself thinking about some of the ladies a lot even when I am away from the computer. The ladies here are more like Real friends then just people you meet on the Internet and sometimes more real then the people you deal with every day.

Are there any other tips you would like to give a group that might just be starting out?

Just keep it REAL. keep the drama out, get to know your members and let them feel they have a comfy place to come be themselves for a bit.

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
4isenoough
by on Jul. 15, 2010 at 9:19 AM

Thank You so much Cafe Amber!!

I just wanted to give a BIG shout out to all our hard working admins!!! I couldn't have done it without you Erica, Mah, Melissa, Cindi, Linda, Shawna and Stacy. You ladies truly are a blessing in my life and I am so glad to call you all my friends.

To Theresa PB's other GO, its been a wild ride no doubt! Thanks for always being my rock! :)

IhartU
by on Jul. 15, 2010 at 10:27 AM

I'm a member of this  group and I LOVE it!

crystees_mom
by on Jul. 15, 2010 at 11:24 AM

Congratulations!

TxMom8284
by on Jul. 15, 2010 at 3:33 PM

THANK YOU Valerie for giving me a place that I can call all my own! I love being a part of Pandora's Box!   ((((hugs))))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)