Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CafeMom Group Resource Center CafeMom Group Resource Center

Rising Star of the Week: Baby Name Central

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:16 PM
  • 0 Replies

It was always hard to find that perfect baby name, but maybe a group like Baby Name Central could have made that a little easier?  Baby Name Central is a rising star on CafeMom, let's learn a little more about how they make their group a success!

How long have you been a group owner, and what made you want to start your group? I've been an owner of this group for maybe a year. I did not start this group, but took over when the owner felt she couldn't manage it at the time. I took over this group because I LOVE names and helping people find names for their baby.

What are your top three tips for someone just starting a group? 1. Find Good Admins. My admins are terrific and really help out with the group a ton!

2. Find a topic that others are interested in. I've had another group that never took off because the members were just not active enough. THey have to be interested in what your group is about.

3. Make it fun!

What things do you think you did to get your group on the Rising Stars list? The admins and I try to answer every post in our group. We try to find new games, and information to post that is relevant to the group and to what our members are interested in.

What do you think your members take away from their group experience while they are a part of your group?

I hope that they feel that we have helped them find the perfect name for their baby, and have made some new friends while doing so! Our group isn't just for members to find a baby name, we LOVE names and most of us that involved in this group are not pregnant, we just love discussing names.

Anything else you would like to share with us?

Come see what Baby Name Central is about! :)

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN