Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CafeMom Group Resource Center CafeMom Group Resource Center

Rising Star of the Week: 2010 Weight Loss Challenge

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:19 PM
  • 0 Replies

Are you trying to lose weight this year?  If weight loss is one of your goals, you might check out the 2010 Weight Loss Challenge group.  The group owner took a few minutes to share with us why she runs the group and what she hopes her members take from it, so check it out!

How long have you been a group owner, and what made you want to start your group? I took over this group 4/15/2010 and decided to accept being the owner b/c I loved the group! 

What are your top three tips for someone just starting a group? You have to keep things interesting. I have so many ideas for my group, but let them out slowly instead of big spurts of ideas. This way, my mind keeps churning out ideas and the ladies stay active!

What things do you think you did to get your group on the Rising Stars list? I decided to recruit some help. I have 4 admins who help me keep things interesting and active. I have paired up women in the group to be buddies so that they get to know each other and this leads to a friendly environment.

What do you think your members take away from their group experience while they are a part of your group?  Well, our group is all about motivation and helping each other lose/maintain weight. We are all upbeat and positive, so one one member is having a bad day, there are 10 others to help boost her mood and get her back in the swing of things.

Anything else you would like to share with us? Sometimes as an admin you have to make tough decisions, like banning a member or removing an admin. The thing to remember is that you do these things for the sake of the group, not for your personal gratification. If your best interests are for the group, it will thrive!!

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)