Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Expert Group of the Week: CafeMom Bookaholics

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:32 PM
  • 2 Replies

briefcase

If you are a bookaholic, you might want to check out our expert group of the week this week!  CafeMom Bookaholics is a group of moms who love to chat about books and has been a part of CafeMom for a long time. 

How long have you been a group owner, and what made you want to start your group? I have owned the group for almost 18 months.  I took over when the original owner left CM with no notification.  I took over because I am a book junkie & wanted to see the group thrive.

What are your top three tips for someone just starting a group? Be hyperactive in your group (members won't particiapte unless you do), promote your group every way you can think of (including talking non-CM friends into joining), delegate (let your admins help--you can't do it all yourself.  I know.  I've tried).

What do you think your members take away from their group experience while they are a part of your group? Friendship,fun and a whole lot of ideas for the next time they are looking for something to read.

Anything else you would like to share with us?   There is more to life than CM and your group.  Sometimes, a break is necessary.  With that said, you do need be involved, stay involved and have fun!

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
bocamom62
by on Jul. 21, 2010 at 10:48 AM

BUMP!

crystees_mom
by on Jul. 21, 2010 at 8:10 PM

Yay us!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)