Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Introduce Yourself Posts

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:34 PM
  • 3 Replies

I have a posts in our group asking new members  to introduce themselves there.  Most people do and it's great.  I have begun changing that post every month so that it will really be just the new members and the post won't bet to bogged down.  The problem is that we still get a lot of people who choose to make their own introductory post which clutters up that forum as well as makes us admins do extra work to make sure they are acquainted with what we have.  If they would introduce themselves in the appropriate post then all that would already be there and we would still welcome them individually. 

Does anyone else have this problem?

Do ou have any suggestions on how to get people to do it the right place?  The post is where it should be basically the first thing they see.

Click on my siggy to follow me to: 

Sister's In Spirit,

Where we work together

to fulfill God's purpose for our lives.

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Mitchi602
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:50 PM

In your welcome message post a link to your introduction post. Say something like welcome to BLAH BLAH BLAH Join in the fun and start here >LINK<

Mitchi602
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:51 PM

O and sticky it 

Stephanies5
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 9:50 AM

I've already done both those things.  Really the only way I see that you can not do that is to just completely ignore it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)