Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Expert Group of the Week: Mom to Mom

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:13 AM
  • 3 Replies

briefcase

How did you get your group to grow, and how do you keep your members active?

My admins and I got Mom to Mom to grow by posting invites to CafeMom members' chatterboxes.  We also invited our friends to join.  I make weekly journal posts about our group as well.  In order to keep our members active, we create several posts per day for them to respond to.  Some of our members also make posts, which is always welcomed and appreciated!

How long have you been a group owner, and what made you want to start your group?

I've been the group owner of Mom to Mom since October of last year.  I took over as G.O. from a friend of mine, when the group was under a different name.  The group was dead before I took over, but I thought that I could get it going again. The group had too much to offer for it to just be shut down so, with a lot of perseverance and hard work, my admins and I got the group active again.

What are your top three tips for someone just starting a group?

1) Don't give up, and don't expect lots of activity overnight.  It'll happen in due time, if you put in the effort.  Starting a group and trying to get it active is hard work because you're competing with thousands of other groups; it can be done though.

2) Make sure you start a group that YOU would want to be a part of.  Always put yourself in your members' or potential members' shoes and look at the group from their point of view.

3) Listen to your members.  Always seek improvement in your group.  How can you make it better?  Not all changes or 'improvements' will work, but take those that don't work with a grain of salt and move on. 

What do you think your members take away from their group experience while they are a part of your group?

We hope they take away friendship, a few laughs, fun, and good times from their group experience while being a part of Mom to Mom.  We hope that anyone who joins our group finds it a place to unwind, have some fun, and communicate...without drama. 

Anything else you would like to share with us?

We at Mom to Mom are honored that we were chosen as the Expert Group of the Week in GRC.  We appreciate the opportunity to tell a large group of CafeMoms about our group and we're happy to share our tips and advice with everyone.  Thanks GRC and CM!  :-)

Here's our group link: http://www.cafemom.com/group/37696.

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Liansmommie
by on Aug. 2, 2010 at 4:21 PM

Great tips, thanks for sharing!

mommyredrose23
by on Aug. 3, 2010 at 12:23 AM

We're excited to have been chosen as the Expert Group of the Week!

:-)

mommyredrose23
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:47 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)