Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CafeMom Group Resource Center CafeMom Group Resource Center

Most Friends Group of the Week: Extreme Make-up and Fashion

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2010 at 10:34 AM
  • 1 Replies

Extreme : Makeup and Fashion β™₯

Share with us a little about you-- how long have you been a CafeMom member, and what does your screen name mean? I have been a member on Cafemom for about 4 years now I think? It's been a while and I am so glad I found this site. I have made some amazing friends! My screen name is inspired by my daughter, because she pronounced sugar with a second R and I call her my sugarpuff :)

Now, tell us a little about your group- how long have you owned it, and what made you start it? I'm very new to owning and running a group, but so far it is going well. I started it because me and a friend are already members of a couple of makeup groups, but we wanted a group to post all the crazy stuff, not just everyday makeup and fashion! And of course I wanted my friends in on the action too :)

Is your groups primary focous friendships? I think our main focus is the makeup and fashion, but I like the drama free environment that is good for making friendships.  To me friendship is very important, so of course that is a big focus for me as well.

What do you do in your group to encourage friendships to be made? We compliment each others makeup and style, we talk about things going on at home and give each other advice, we stick to the basic principles of friendship. Kindness, honesty, integrity, etc. We try to connect on a deeper level by talking about our families, sharing pictures, and using each other's real names, like people do in real life.

What do you think your members take away from their group experience while they are a part of your group? I would hope they pick up some makeup and fashion tips, maybe learn to try new things and of course make some good and hopefully lasting friendships!

Are there any other tips you would like to give a group that might just be starting out? Take the time to get to know the members of your group. Use first names if your members are cofortable with that, or make up nicknames to give it a personal feel. My main goal is just to try and focus on each of them as individuals instead of the whole as my group. I love all the girls in my group, they are great women, and those who are new and weren't my friends before I look forward to getting to know very soon :)

by on Jul. 28, 2010 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Liansmommie
by on Jul. 29, 2010 at 10:51 PM

Great tips. Sounds like a fun helpful group.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN