Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rising Star of the Week: Over 50 and Fabulous!

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2010 at 8:22 AM
  • 1 Replies

How long have you been a group owner, and what made you want to start your group?

Over 50 and Fabulous!

I initially started "Over 50 and Fabulous" because every site I went on was young mothers and I thought CM needed something for the rest of us... While talking with my friend one day who was at that time, looking for someone to share her life with, she suggested the Singles group.  I was at the same stage in my life so together in January of 2008, we created "50+ Singles".  I expanded the name to include "wishing you were single" which has caught the eye of many.

How long have you been a group owner, and what made you want to start your group?

The group has been running successfully for 2 1/2 years now.  I am too old for the drama that younger women still present.

What are your top three tips for someone just starting a group? 

Choose a topic that interests you.

Find people with similar interests.

Bigger is not always best.  If you have a small group and everyone is posting, it will be more like family with every member being an active and supportive role.

What things do you think you did to get your group on the Rising Stars list? 

Our group is small, but we quickly became a sisterhood.  Our conversations like telephone calls.  We share everything and we try to respond to every post so that everyone knows that their message is important to the group.  Everyone in the group is supportive of everyone else and we keep it very positive.

What do you think your members take away from their group experience while they are a part of your group?

This group helps our members realize that whatever their struggles in life, they are not out there alone.  In some way we all connect.  If they are having a bad day, we are there to support them and share our experiences.  If they are having a great day, they come by to support us.

Anything else you would like to share with us?

We do not allow bad language, advertising, politics, or people criticizing other members.  At our ages, we have "been there, done that" and don't need the stress.  This is a support group.

by on Aug. 4, 2010 at 8:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
mapleleafwoman
by on Sep. 8, 2010 at 8:22 PM

Thank you for recognizing us as a Rising Star.  Hopefully people that are in the group or joining the group find solace in having a group of 50+ ladies that can understand them and support them, laugh with them and cry with them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)