Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CafeMom Group Resource Center CafeMom Group Resource Center

Expert Group of the Week: Car Seat Safety

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2010 at 7:58 AM
  • 1 Replies

briefcase

Car Seat Safety

How did you get your group to grow, and how do you keep your members active? I have a fablous group of admins. They keep things moving very well. We found that having special "Car Seat Safety" signatures and posting frequently in other groups increases traffic to ours. We have a topic of the week, after the week it is then moved to a reference folder so that new visitors (or even old ones) can go back to old topics. We have several informative sticky posts, but try to limit those to a small amount because they often get skipped right over.

How long have you been a group owner, and what made you want to start your group? I took this group over in December of 09. It was previously owned by a member that was not active at all.

What are your top three tips for someone just starting a group?
1. Get a good group of admins together
2. Make sure your topic is
3. Set good guidelines

What do you think your members take away from their group experience while they are a part of your group? I want our members to learn proper ways to keep their kids safe in the car. Car crashes are the leading cause of death of kids. On average 9 kids die on our nations rode ways, and thousands are seriously injured every single day. Keeping our kids safe in the car would greatly reduce those numbers.

Anything else you would like to share with us? Thank you for choosing us! :) 

by on Aug. 5, 2010 at 7:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
tvschiulaz
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2010 at 10:31 PM

What a great idea for a group!  Congrats on being the expert group of the week!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN