Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CafeMom Group Resource Center CafeMom Group Resource Center

Most Friends Group of the Week: 423 Connection Group

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2010 at 2:11 PM
  • 0 Replies

423 Connection

Share with us a little about you-- how long have you been a CafeMom member, and what does your screen name mean?

I joined in the spring of 2008 after seeing an ad on myspace. I checked it out and started looking for mommy friends. My screen name is: LEBulldog. LE stands for my city and Bulldog is my college mascot. It confuses everyone because they all know that the Bulldog is NOT the mascot of Little Elm!

Now, tell us a little about your group- how long have you owned it, and what made you start it?

Our group was started in June 2008 by a group of wonderful women. They were looking for ways to expand their circle of friends. Luckily for me, they invited me to join! I became an Admin not long after it was started. I took over the group as owner in June 2009.

Is your groups primary focous friendships?   

Yes! We are all here to support and encourage each other. We all realize how hard it is to meet other moms in the area. I am truly blessed to know these wonderful women!

What do you do in your group to encourage friendships to be made?

We try to plan a lot of playdates and events. We also try to plan a few family events so that the dads can come. Group members can  invite other mom friends to our playdates.

What do you think your members take away from their group experience while they are a part of your group?

Fellowship. That's the word that comes to mind.  Several of our group members have become best of friends because of this group. We never would have met these moms if it hadn't been for the internet. Most of us live within extremely close proximity. We ALL needed each other. I, personally, credit this group to my personal happiness. We all need good friends. It's very difficult to find other moms, especially with kids that are close in age. I think its also good to be a part of something. It fullfills the need of belonging.

Are there any other tips you would like to give a group that might just be starting out?

Have patience! Invite moms using the search feature.. Since we have a local group, I only invite moms that are close to our area since our playgroups ususally close to where we are. Be realistic of your group and know that there is a time and a place for everything. People often get busy and can't dedicate a lot of time to the group. Our group has changed a lot over the past year or so. Continue to put ideas and playdates out there.  Just because people don't respond, doesn't mean that they aren't reading.  Running a playgroup is a lot of work, but it is totally worth it!

by on Aug. 5, 2010 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN