Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CafeMom Group Resource Center CafeMom Group Resource Center

Rising Star of the Week: Lighthouse Cafe

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2010 at 2:16 PM
  • 8 Replies

The Lighthouse Cafe

How long have you been a group owner, and what made you want to start your group? I actually made another group prior to The Lighthouse Cafe, in 2007, however through time, it became less and less visited, so I closed it. I started The Lighthouse Cafe in February, and although it's endured some slow times, and struggles, we have remained a close knit group, and recently started growing again.I wanted a group that shared everyday life, making friends, sharing our love of coffee, and hobbies.

What are your top three tips for someone just starting a group? Make sure it's a topic close to your heart,Have a list of ready made posts that will capture attention,ask members to share things about themselves in the beginning.

What things do you think you did to get your group on the Rising Stars list? Answer members posts and replies personally, and be geniune with interacting with them.

What do you think your members take away from their group experience while they are a part of your group? I feel that my members are comfortable and look at our group as a place to come to when they need to do something special for themselves.

Anything else you would like to share with us? Most of all, I have a geniune concern for my members, and hope that one day, some of us might meet in person.

by on Aug. 16, 2010 at 2:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Liansmommie
by on Aug. 16, 2010 at 2:21 PM

Congrats!

tvschiulaz
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2010 at 3:39 PM

Congratulations to your group!

emptynest242
by on Aug. 17, 2010 at 5:58 PM

blowing kissesoh my goodness, thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!

I opened my mail to a lovely surprise! This comes at a very good time! Our little group is trying so hard to form friendships!

Blessings and hugs to all of you who replied, and a big thank you to Cafe Amber!

Theresa group owner

Ixkt-13n-1_ohp7lduezx

Liansmommie
by on Aug. 20, 2010 at 8:58 AM

Love your siggy!

Quoting emptynest242:

I opened my mail to a lovely surprise! This comes at a very good time! Our little group is trying so hard to form friendships!

Blessings and hugs to all of you who replied, and a big thank you to Cafe Amber!

Theresa group owner

Read Our Journal For Daily Tips and Tutorials
Find A Group or Promote One In
Our
Group Guide Directory
If you have any CafeMom questions, don't hesitate to ask. 
~~I'm New Here @ CM Owner

countryspun
by on Aug. 20, 2010 at 9:00 AM

Congrats!

emptynest242
by on Aug. 21, 2010 at 12:57 PM

Thank  you so much for the compliment! I hope to make some good friend here! Theresa

Quoting Liansmommie:

Love your siggy!

Quoting emptynest242:

Theresa group owner

emptynest242
by on Aug. 21, 2010 at 12:58 PM

Thank  you! I feel so grateful!

Quoting countryspun:

Congrats!

Ixkt-13n-1_ohp7lduezx

aflower
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 1:35 AM
Hi
First I would like to say I love people, coming from a family of thirteen one had to talk! My wish for my group, is to be able to help with the questions they ask me. I also hope my group members will find my group, a place of comfort and friendship.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN