Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CafeMom Group Resource Center CafeMom Group Resource Center

Expert Group of the Week: August 2009 Babies

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2010 at 3:44 PM
  • 0 Replies

briefcase

*August 2009 Babies!!

How did you get your group to grow, and how do you keep your members active?

The group has always had a lot of members.  I inherited the group after it was already a good size.  To keep members active, my admins and I come up with contests, games, playful activities.  We reward active members with siggies and small prizes that we put together ourselves.  We honor members that are active, helpful, and upbeat.

How long have you been a group owner, and what made you want to start your group?

I have been the owner of this group since May 2009.  There was controversary with the previous owner, and she was asked to leave cafemom.  I was then asked to be the owner.  It has been a great experience.  My admins are fantastic!

What are your top three tips for someone just starting a group? 

1.  Post A LOT!  The more that you post and reply to posts, the more your members will.

2.  Advertise your group.  Leave messages in inboxes, post invites in chatterboxes. 

3.  Games, games, games.  Everyone loves a good game!

What do you think your members take away from their group experience while they are a part of your group?

The mom's in my group are great at giving and accepting advice.  My group is absolutely drama free...not because I make it that way, but because the members are awesome. 

Anything else you would like to share with us?

Growing a group takes time, patience, energy, and alot of brainstorming.

by on Aug. 17, 2010 at 3:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN