Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CafeMom Group Resource Center CafeMom Group Resource Center

Rising Star of the Week: Bow Perfect

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2010 at 3:10 PM
  • 2 Replies

BowPerfect

How long have you been a group owner, and what made you want to start your group? Our group is very new, i just started it July 29th 2010. I belong to a few other bow making groups, but didn't like the way challenges were getting neglected and how we weren't doing swaps/trains often enough.

What are your top three tips for someone just starting a group? Get the word out the best you can. There are many simple things you can do to get the word out fast, if you don't build the group fast enough it may fail. Keep posting, don't give up on your group... sometimes it takes time to keep it going, do games and challenges to keep the interest of your members. Offer something the other groups don't... there are lots of CM groups that are very similar, you have to stand out from the crowd... take advice and tips from your members to help your group to grow and improve.

What things do you think you did to get your group on the Rising Stars list? Because we are so new, and growing so fast i think its worth acknowledging. We offer a lot of fun things for our members to do such as swaps, challenges, etc... and we also allow questions/tips and a place to show off your creations. We have a pretty good activity level!

What do you think your members take away from their group experience while they are a part of your group? Some of our members are just starting out in bow making, so our group allows them to ask the questions they may have to help them progress. The challenges and swaps keep everyone on their toes and make things interesting. You also get a sense of accomplishment when you show off what you have made, and get some great feedback.

Anything else you would like to share with us? CM is so great, it allows you to connect with people that have similar interests to your own. There is a group for everything, some better than others... I hope that our group can be among those groups that would be considered one of the great ones. That we grow a close knit group where people feel comfortable sharing their creations, and getting the help the need... while keeping it fun with all the challenges and swaps we do!

by on Aug. 23, 2010 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
BowPerfect
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:57 PM

YAY! Thanks so much for giving me the opportunity to be a featured rising star!!

tvschiulaz
by Bronze Member on Sep. 1, 2010 at 1:02 PM

Congrats on being the rising star of the week!  I hope it gets you more members.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN