Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CafeMom Group Resource Center CafeMom Group Resource Center

Most Friends Group of the Week: Pshyc 101

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2010 at 3:40 PM
  • 3 Replies

Psych101

Share with us a little about you-- how long have you been a CafeMom member, and what does your screen name mean? I have been a CafeMom member for about 2 1/2 years. My screen name, Cookie, is a nickname my CafeMom friends have given me.

Now, tell us a little about your group- how long have you owned it, and what made you start it? I have owned this group for approximately a month--LOL! I was an Admin. for a little over 2 years for another support group that seemed to be losing focus of it's mission, so I and a fellow Admin. and my Co-Owner of this group, lcat, and I inherited this former siggy group that would have otherwise closed and are growing it as a support group for those with bipolar disorder, depression and other mental illnesses.     

Is your groups primary focus friendships? No, our groups primary focus is support, but I believe that easily fosters friendships.   

What do you do in your group to encourage friendships to be made?
We try to offer a variety of ways that members can interact; posts that encourage sharing about oneself, games, quizzes, the opportunity to contribute favorite poems, recipes, etc. and we even still offer siggies.

What do you think your members take away from their group experience while they are a part of your group? I hope a positive experience; knowledge, understanding, hope, healing and of course friendship. 

Are there any other tips you would like to give a group that might just be starting out? Don't worry about numbers, focus on your members. Make your presence known by participating in group and if you haven't seen a member for a while, drop by their Chatterbox and let them know you're thinking about them.

by on Aug. 23, 2010 at 3:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Liansmommie
by on Aug. 30, 2010 at 4:32 AM

Sounds like a fun group

mcclellanlass
by on Aug. 30, 2010 at 4:37 AM

I've been looking for this group and or a link to it and can not find one. Do you have one?

Cookie618
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:24 PM

(The lighthouse is linked; just click and go! Thanks! Cindy)

Quoting mcclellanlass:

I've been looking for this group and or a link to it and can not find one. Do you have one?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN