Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Group of the Week: Microwave Cooking

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2010 at 3:42 PM
  • 3 Replies

Microwave Cooking

Tell us a little about you- how long have you been a CafeMom member and what does your Screen name mean? 

I'm not sure exactly WHEN I joined CM, but it was in Fall of 2007, so almost 3 years.  My screen name simply means I'm a mom from Michigan and the numbers are my birthday!

Give us the scoop on your group- what drove you to start it, and what is your vision for the group? 

I started this group because I've seen numerous posts/questions about how to cook in a microwave, what to cook in a microwave, and recipes for use in a microwave.  I want people to be aware that a microwave is more useful than to just reheat coffee and that it is possible to completely cook a whole meal in the microwave, to proof bread in the microwave, etc.  Microwave cooking doesn't generate heat like using a stove/oven would and it's great for hot summer days or during times when using a stove is not possible, like when the stove/oven isn't working or even available. 

I'd obviously love to see more people join the group!  I'd welcome more recipes than what I have available to me. 

What areas are you having a hard time in with your group?  Is part of owning a group more challenging then you thought? 

We've just started. This group is about a week old.  I'd love to see more participation, more members, more ideas.   I do own other groups, so I know this will just take time.

What is one thing you hope your members will gain by being a part of your group? 

I hope they'll gain a wider assortment of ideas/recipes to use in their microwave!  lol

Do you have any other questions we can help you with?

No, thank you!  I do appreciate being featured; hopefully it will entice more members to the group!

by on Aug. 23, 2010 at 3:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Cenedra64
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 1:33 PM

Wow there's an actual group for microwave cooking? I'm always joking about how much I use the microwave in post.    I think I got it down to a science!  We even experimented and discovered you can bake a cake in the microwave.  

Liansmommie
by on Aug. 30, 2010 at 4:44 AM

it's a wonderful idea for a group!

michiganmom116
by on Aug. 30, 2010 at 8:29 AM

I try to add new recipes at least every few days.  There's quite an assortment!  Appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, vegetables, breads, soups/stews, and desserts are all included. I've even included instructions for cooking rice or pasta, and we've got a microwave safety section. 

Cafe Amber, thank you again for promoting the group!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)